SAU Community

So I Got Epa'd

So i got epa'd a couple weeks ago. Got a letter in the mail after i passed a highway patrol car in 5th gear going at about 50km/h -_-

I was naive enough to leave the stock exhaust at the place where i got my exhaust done, so i don't have the stock system anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than repurchasing a stock system? Or has anyone been in the situation before?

My exhaust goes from the tips to the cat but my cat is still stock.

So i got epa'd a couple weeks ago. Got a letter in the mail after i passed a highway patrol car in 5th gear going at about 50km/h -_-

I was naive enough to leave the stock exhaust at the place where i got my exhaust done, so i don't have the stock system anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than repurchasing a stock system? Or has anyone been in the situation before?

My exhaust goes from the tips to the cat but my cat is still stock.

i've got a butchered 34/33gtst muffler with na piping if you want, should fit, since it fit in my gtt. i'm in burwood though. will loan for like maybe a 12mm ratchet spanner or a rock from your garden or anything like that.

head to the vic section, and ask if you can borrow someone's

plenty of nice folk around, it's been done before

Alright, thanks heaps mate! Will ask

i've got a butchered 34/33gtst muffler with na piping if you want, should fit, since it fit in my gtt. i'm in burwood though. will loan for like maybe a 12mm ratchet spanner or a rock from your garden or anything like that.

Haha sounds good, you live around 40 minutes away from me, I'll try to source out a closer one, if not i'll temporarily swap my garden gnome for your exhaust ;)

A friend of mine has been driving around with no cat for years, pretty loud and even backfires, stock silencer is the only thing he says puts off the cops, only advice I have to impart if your exhaust is on the edge of legality.

good luck mate

Thanks guys, it's just a Db test, booked for later today, i'm gonna use a method to reduce the flow which should reduce sound, I'll let you guys know how it goes :)

Hey that's why u keep your car standard I have aftermarket exhaust with the cat and it still backfires I have no blow off valves what so ever a completly standard boost the skylines backfire when there running a rich mixture

These highway patrol seem to forget there a Japanese car, go pick on some dickhead commy driver. With the 3.8 litre Buick and there 4 speed auto!

And how can he have no cat unless its a de cat pipe. Which your ass is grass if<br />U get caught with that shit. Because the skyline cats are metal inside so u can't punch it out !!!

And how can he have no cat unless its a de cat pipe. Which your ass is grass if<br />U get caught with that shit. Because the skyline cats are metal inside so u can't punch it out !!!

I've mentioned it quite a few times to him that in no way is the power/noise benefit worth the penalty, his dumbass reply "Test pipe mate" lol

To be fair, he drives like an old lady all the time... cops don't notice you unless you drive like a dickhead.

Edited by NewGenMo

Highway patrol are terrible when it comes to imports!

So how did those methods go with passing?

Sorry i didn't get to reply, what i did was i grabbed a steel plate and cut out the stencil off the gasket in between the cat and piping, i then drilled a few holes into the stencil and replaced the gasket with that steel plate(stencil)

Made me slower than a daihatsu charade but it made my car sound like my aunties camry.

I just passed at 88dB!:)

Which means that pretty much anything aftermarket, in relation to exhaust, is illegal, so guys even if you think your exhaust is illegal, it's not.

Yea but they gotta lay of the imports there a Japanese car, it's very stressful to cop a defect. And harassing young drivers because they own a import is not very good. Some of us just love cars and not everyone is a hoon, I think they don't understand that the imports are

Gonna be quicker off from lights even when taking of slowly due to there diff gear setup. But yet that's no excuse for hoons I saw this dickhead there other night doing 160k, down Victoria street Wetherill park in a s14 silvia now that deserves a defect.

Yea but they gotta lay of the imports there a Japanese car, it's very stressful to cop a defect. And harassing young drivers because they own a import is not very good. Some of us just love cars and not everyone is a hoon, I think they don't understand that the imports are

Gonna be quicker off from lights even when taking of slowly due to there diff gear setup. But yet that's no excuse for hoons I saw this dickhead there other night doing 160k, down Victoria street Wetherill park in a s14 silvia now that deserves a defect.

Thing is they won't, now that the car scene is so huge in Australia, it's extra money for them, highway patrol get commission from EPA for example, cops would rather get money of an import driver than an aussie car driver, which sucks!

And yeh hooning is stupid, only a select few spoil it for the rest of us.

You can it just takes f**king ages, then there's a metal brackety thing welded inside the middle that will vibrate and rattle and at 2-3k rpm will make your exhaust resonate with a strange sound.