SAU Community

What Is This Part? (R33)

Found it in the boot, towards the left behind the panel mounted up against the car jack, looks like a pully that was MEANT to have a pull cable running in it but it was disconnected when I saw it, the pull cable runs towards the bottom part of the shell and has a rubber grommet that leads into the shell, never knew what it was... Anyone else know what it is?

post-109719-0-84230800-1366020500_thumb.jpg

post-109719-0-77185800-1366020524_thumb.jpg

couldnt be 100% sure but it could possibly be something to do with one of those Nismo adjustable rear mufflers? Any random buttons in the cabin that do nothing?

Ummm now that you mention it, when in the drivers seat, there was a little twist mechanism on the bottom left plastic plate under the steering wheel, however I dont think that would have been apart of it because I traced up where the wires for that ran and it lead to the back of the speedo, any idea what that could have been too? didnt look factory..

The bottom twist mechanism is was usually a compliance thing that had to be part of imported cars. If you follow the wires you'll notice it actually spliced into the lighting wires for your instrument cluster. Apparently it was required so you could dim/adjust the brightness of the instrument cluster lights. Probably doesnt work anymore either. I know mine was done so half assed that when i first pulled out the cluster the wiring was loose. LOL