SAU Community

Rb25 Pull Type Short Shifter

G37Sam

Hello fella's.

I got an RB25 Pull Type transmission mated to my RB30 and was told that there are no short shifters for it. Is that true? The OEM shifter travel is schoolbus-like! Any help on this would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Sam

Edited by G37Sam

Push and pull refers to the clutch engagement. Nothing to do with gear selection. I'm using an SR20 shifter in mine so I don't see why they would change the design of the 25 boxes if even an sr20 one will fit

The vendor selling me these is telling me the bushing in the lower end is different on the push and pull type. Guess I'm just going to have to gamble with this one.

Just to throw a spanner in the works.

My pull-type 25 gearbox has a short-shifter in it from my old RB20 gearbox (from when the car was NA). The RB20 shifter (and R34 gearbox) use a small nylon bush, whereas the R33 push-type 25 box uses a much larger one. Ergo, you need a short shifter for an RB20 gearbox if you are using an R34 gearbox. Good to see a seller knowing what he is on about! ;)

Edited by Hanaldo
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot mate. Raw Brokerage in the US sure know the RB platform very well. It's where I got most of my RB parts from.

Looking at the below Nismo Shifter from eBay and keeping in mind your RB20 was off an N/A

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NISMO-SOLID-SHORT-SHIFTER-NISSAN-SKYLINE-HCR32-ECR33-ER34-R32-R33-R34-RB25-RB20-/221198637398?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3380775956&vxp=mtr

Would I need: 32839-RN580 or 32839-RNR40?

Push and pull refers to the clutch engagement. Nothing to do with gear selection. I'm using an SR20 shifter in mine so I don't see why they would change the design of the 25 boxes if even an sr20 one will fit

Thanks mate. Is your box a push or pull type?

Thanks a lot mate. Raw Brokerage in the US sure know the RB platform very well. It's where I got most of my RB parts from.

Looking at the below Nismo Shifter from eBay and keeping in mind your RB20 was off an N/A

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NISMO-SOLID-SHORT-SHIFTER-NISSAN-SKYLINE-HCR32-ECR33-ER34-R32-R33-R34-RB25-RB20-/221198637398?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3380775956&vxp=mtr

Would I need: 32839-RN580 or 32839-RNR40?

Looks like you want the second one mate, RNR40! I actually think they would both work, but go the RNR40 as RHD Japan specify that for both R34 GT (RB20 gearbox) and the R34 GTT (RB25 gearbox), so that looks like the one you want!

• Like 1