SAU Community

Rb30 Oil Pick-Up Gasket

R34GTFOUR

Hi everyone,

I was hoping I could get some info on the oil pick-up gasket everyone is using on the RB30 (i.e. the gasket that goes between the block and the oil pick-up/strainer)?

The RB25 runs a metal gasket, however the brand new gasket I received from Nissan won't fit the RB30 block because the bolt holes are slightly different (a few mm out),

According to Nissan, the RB30 runs a rubber O ring instead - which would normally be fine, but I'm running the Proengines AWD adaptor which comes with a new oil pickup.

When I bought the block, it already had the stock RB30 oil pick-up removed, so I'm assuming the stock pick-up has a recess in it to hold the factory O ring - I don't see it working any other way as the block is machined flat. The new pick-up I have is also flat, so it needs either a flat metal gasket or an oil resistant sealer (which I don't really want to put on).

I've tried to contact Greg from Proengines but his email inbox is full and I can't get through.

Any insights you can provide would be great!

Cheers

Steve

FYI - Gasket paper is apparently the go here.

One of my emails must of actually made it through because Greg from Proengines replied advising the above.

A steady hand and a stanley blade should get the job done :)

FYI - Gasket paper is apparently the go here.One of my emails must of actually made it through because Greg from Proengines replied advising the above.A steady hand and a stanley blade should get the job done :)

this is what I done, lines up the metal one, and lightly trimmed the bolt holes.