SAU Community

R34 Gtt Stock Boost Guage Replacement

Hi Guys,

Doing up a list of things to change ona friends r34gtt and we would like to replace the stock boost guadge with something that reads in PSI.

Is there a direct replacement item, using the stock sensors? i read somewhere the nismo one should be, but i could confirm this / or find a PSI one.

s there much work involved in fitting an aftermarket gauge, what size is the mount?

i wouldn't mind fitting up a turbosmart one, http://www.turbosmart.com.au/product/boost-gauge

Is there a tutorial on removing the triple gauge mount? i did find one on this site, but all the picture links were broken :(

cheers!

Christian.

The triple gauge mount is a 2 second job, just pop the a/c vents out with a flatblade and then undo the 2 phillips head screws!

Why do you need a PSI one? Actually WHY do you need one at all? Depending on which state you are in it is possible to create a defect for yourself by having a boost gauge on the dash!

The Nismo item is a different colour and generally expensive! I purchased 3 stepper motor gauges to replace the stock ones and it cost $170 all up i think!

And i deleted the boost gauge :P

As the Geeteetee gury says, take a flatblade and pop it out very easy to do

I was thinking of changing mine as well.

I read in another topic that the stock ones arent accurate when it comes to the temperatures?

But I guess if your car is stock there isn't any need to change them.

The triple gauge mount is a 2 second job, just pop the a/c vents out with a flatblade and then undo the 2 phillips head screws!

Why do you need a PSI one? Actually WHY do you need one at all? Depending on which state you are in it is possible to create a defect for yourself by having a boost gauge on the dash!

The Nismo item is a different colour and generally expensive! I purchased 3 stepper motor gauges to replace the stock ones and it cost $170 all up i think!

And i deleted the boost gauge :P

Cheers.

Going to be installing an aftermarket actuator and changing the boost level to around 10-11 Psi. Using the stock Gauge I would have NFI what level its at, as its super vague.

If the car already has a boost gauge i cant see why they would defect you for have a different type of boost guage. I think they only care if its obstructing your vision, and since its the stock location it shouldn't change anything.

Sounds easy enough to remove, will give it a shot.

Edited by Unkn0wn

Just use the stock on and get a rough idea.... The factory one is 1 bar or 14.7 psi etc, should be easy enough to tell where 11-12psi is.... Plus if you set the boost controller up right you shouldn't need to watch it....