SAU Community

V35 Side Window

Hi Everyone,

My 03 Coupe got broken into on Friday night and the tools smashed in through my drivers side window.

Ive read that some guys looked into getting window glass from US. Nissan has quoted $850 with at least 4 - 6 weeks wait.
Just wondering if anyone out there knows of any drivers side windows hanging around or could give me any advice on how to pick one up cheaper?

Im from Perth if that makes any differences.

Cheers in advance.

Josh

Edited by Jfabs1

damn sorry to hear that man :(

was anything taken?

i'd look around for a V35 wreck for sure. Not too sure if the Z shares the same window or not but a V35 wreck would be ideal and much cheaper..

Yeah mate they took my Laptop and Ipad, a friends hair straightener and some work clothes etc. Pretty good haul for them I would imagine, bloody annoying for me though. So not only my window smashed but info on laptop and Ipad lost too :rant: Thanks for your concern though.

Yeah I was thinking a wreck too. Ill have to have a bit of a look around. If you know of any around let me know!

Thanks!

Sorry to hear mate. My car was broken into a few years ago and smashed my drivers side window.

Ended up getting it fixed via insurance. I think the window itself cost 900bux. They were able to source the window from Nissan Australia.

Edited by jjjones

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the advice and the condolences.

I managed to pick up a Window from Jap Wreck Autos over here in Perth. Cost me $550 for the glass and 60 for the install. Not a cheap endeavour but better then waiting 4-6 weeks and the previous quote.

Looking for a wreck was a good idea!

I hope everyone out there keeps there bags in the boot, I know I will from now on!!

Cheers,

Josh

Good to hear mate, better than paying double for a brand new one and the wait as well.

Wreck V35's is always a great idea for bits and pieces like that - my window motor went out and so did my door lock and i managed to find both for $150 both working like brand new.. there are bargains to be found!