SAU Community

Need Help Deciding On Front Bumper Plus Bonnet

Hi there, you guys might think i'm a ricer but well, i had few damages on my front end and decided to purchase some aftermarket parts (similar quality as those from carmate.com.au). so yea, i kinda need some help deciding which to go for , money wise all options are the same, so mainly just the outlook. Of course I understand that depends upon each and everyone's taste, however I still like to see what ppl would say bout

Here is what I have. Please vote which one u think is the best

1. GTR bumper + CARBON TS Bonnet

2. Greddy Style bumper + CARBON TS Bonnet

3. GTR bumper + CHARGESPEED Style bonnet FRP

4. GTR bumper + TS style bonnet FRP9981_10201278083615603_333453651_n.jpg

I vote the greddy because I personally don't like the GTR style. It's like a lancer with an evo body kit. That being said though, it's your car, you should pick what you think looks the best and not what others think.

you put 3 of the 4 options the gtr option bumper so you clearly like the look and nothing wrong with it, i myself like the look so i say go for the 3rd one. have the bonet match paint no carbon otherwise it will look to much Rice and have the paint shop if they can blend in the edges of the lights on the bumper with the bumper so it removes those dreadful lines. check the difference in the pictures on the red one (no lines coming down from the lights). they may have to putty them out

• Like 1

If you're in WA I'll go halves with you on shipping if you go through a shop that has the same front bar I'm chasing. Concept Z Performance have what I want.

I vote the greddy because I personally don't like the GTR style. It's like a lancer with an evo body kit. That being said though, it's your car, you should pick what you think looks the best and not what others think.

this ^^^^^^^^

I think the GTR front bar is only going to look good if you do it properly.. but when you do get it right it can look awesome.

Here's a pic of my mates V35 with the GTR front and i think it's the TS carbon bonnet which was painted but left vents black & put hood pins in.

35344t5.jpg

When he first bought the kit he got it from JM-Auto Racing in the states and it had AWFUL fitment. I mean MASSIVE gaps between almost every curve and bend in the front bar. The body shop that did the work was amazed at how bad the fitment was - apparently they had to use something like 4 metres of fibreglass to mould it and make it fit..

Anyway i'm not having a go at JM-Auto racing i just thought i'd give you a heads up incase you do source one from there.

In my opinion, i wouldn't do it. I don't like the idea of making my car (should i say old car..) that is unique try to look like a GTR. The concept itself doesn't make sense to me. I mean the car itself is different - what's the point of putting a GTR front bar on it? You can't say it's to be different or unique..

If i were to put any aftermarket front bar on my car it'd probably be the Kuruma Z or Nismo with a CF splitter. Anyway, goodluck with whatever way you go - but bear in mind if you buy a bad fitting bumper or even hood it's going to cost you an absolute fortune to fit.

The car i just posted has $20,000 worth of body parts/paint.. which is just crazy.

• Like 1

Yea Sean, the parts I've purchased have fitment issues, as for any fiberglass aftermarket panels. It just coz I couldnt afford OEM or genuine aftermarket parts, and I sort of feel upset each day looking my baby with all scratches in the front end. So yea...See how i go

• 4 weeks later...

haha, yea poly is better than FG, but I've heard they usually have curvy edges once they arrive from the states or even domestic delivery because of its natural non-heat resistant. Anyway, I've suspended my project for 3 weeks coz of my limited fund whilst in the mean time I've got myself a bargain with a set of 20" vertini drift with tires at a fraction of retail price. Also I've got a set of NIsmo Floormat (genuine) and a set of Angel eyes Projectors. Now I kinda try to purchase a set of BC Racing Coilovers + Carbon Diffuser + Splash guards + sway bar kit (having a thought of Godspeed coz they have good price, though I know they're not gonna be comparable with SPC or Whiteline but I'm sure they must be better than OEM coz they are rebranded Tanabe)

Here's the pics of what I've got so far

nismomats.jpgG35-2D-03-LCAH-B.jpg?itok=zDy25GIP475565986_tp.jpg