SAU Community

Just Bought An R33 Gts-T. Few Questions

Sorry for the new thread; I've done a lot of searching but didn't find answers to everything.

I just bought a series 1 R33 with RB25det and a few mods.

3 inch turbo back

big FMIC

aftermarket coilpacks (not sure which brand)

heavy duty clutch.

boost gauge in cabin.

Stock turbo, motor, injectors, ECU, fuel pump

It maxes out around .6 bar maybe slightly more. Is this just wastegate pressure? I know its an internal wastegate I have no experience with internal gated turbos.

Power ramps up quickly between 3-6k RPM, but backs off between 6-7k. Never experienced this with a turbocharged car before.

I know I have the mods to support a higher power set up, it feels kinda slow compared to my old Honda Prelude turbo.

My question is, how much boost can I run on the stock fuel pump, injectors without pushing ~90% duty cycle?

Also, how does the stock fuel mapping go with 12-14psi?

I thought when people say Turbo back that included the dump. I'll have to get under the hood and have a proper look, haven't had time yet.

What are the preferred value options for aftermarket engine management? My old tuner is Adrian at Toda in Sydney, I should give him a ring

Sorry my bad, I misread turbo back for cat back.

There are a bunch of ecu's available from the older powerfc's to Link, ViPec, Haltech and Adaptronic. It will come down to what your tuner likes using.

There are a few very good tuners with extensive experience with RB's that are mentioned regularly here at SAU. It might also pay to do more reading on who people like using.

DVSJEZ and Unigroup are two tuners I have no hesitation suggesting but there are plenty more in Sydney or thereabouts.

• Like 1

Sorry my bad, I misread turbo back for cat back.

There are a bunch of ecu's available from the older powerfc's to Link, ViPec, Haltech and Adaptronic. It will come down to what your tuner likes using.

There are a few very good tuners with extensive experience with RB's that are mentioned regularly here at SAU. It might also pay to do more reading on who people like using.

DVSJEZ and Unigroup are two tuners I have no hesitation suggesting but there are plenty more in Sydney or thereabouts.

Mate thanks for all your help today

Edited by Blackkers