SAU Community

Plasti Dip Products

Is is good stuff, but is STUPIDLY expensive in Aus due to shipping issues as it is so flammable/dangerous (has to be shipped internally within Aus by truck - cannot go on a plane).

Once this stuff is released (updates are that it will be VERY soon), I am going to do my wheels and front grille this this :

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ebc-liquid-wrap-paint-vinyl-have-a-love-child

I have used some. Its pretty good. Used it on my wheels and grill.

Hasn't faded in 4 months since applying.

Just make sure you spray enough on that it can be peeled off easy.

All positive developments! Like this idea more than full vinyl wrapping, which looks like a nightmare on compound curves and joins.

Have seen Plasti-dip used on friends badges, grills and wheels with great success. 2 key points we've found: 1: make sure you warm the can before and in between coats for a smoother consistency and finish (hot water in a bucket works well) 2: as Triggs mentioned, many coats = longer finish life and easier removal.

Mayo_85 should be here any second, hes got some practical experience with Plasti-dip and similar on the V.

Thanks for the into Dreadnaught.

I have used Plasti dip on my roof and wheels with a good deal of success. And if your after a new but temporary look I highly recommend it. Cost is a bit pricey, but Caswell on EBay have wheel kits (4 cans) for around $110 shipped.

Am looking at the Blaze green for my next wheel colour :)

Here are some photos attached (from a recent Melbourne cruise) to show the work on the roof and wheels. Matte black roof and matte white lip on rims.

post-82722-0-11133600-1372248251_thumb.jpg

post-82722-0-54510800-1372248273_thumb.jpg

i have plasti dip with a passion lol. its good for a week then good luck cleaning it and pealing it off... omg. and it damages paint and leaves shit everywhere. some may like it. but anyone who has used it for a while hates it haha

No idea mate. Last I heard he was having shipping issues getting it into the country or something like that. Maybe join his FB page to get updates? I was going to buy a kit to do my whole car, as the prices in the pre-buy were insanely cheap - but then the pre-buy ran out before I got around to buying it. Hopefully his retail prices aren't too much above - it makes a $500 'respray' in a different colour every year VERY appealing :)