SAU Community

Rb25/30 Oil Pump Lost Pressure

hey guys, finally finishing off this build today, and halfway through tuning the oil pump completley lost pressure..... they said on cold start theres a little bit then when warm it ticks loudly and has none. they took the plug off the sump and ran the motor and no oil was pumping out.....so they concluded the pump has failed. its done around 1000 kms......i dont know why or how its failed all of a sudden.

Really? These seem to come up a lot with failures.. Seems pretty weird they are a well known Nismo product.

So is the engine f*cked?

Haha probably doing an engine build myself in the next couple of years and trying to get as much info as I can, along the way.

nah mate engine is fine, happened while dyno tuning so just need to change the pump.

Lose oil pressure and an engine will eat itself at idle if running long enough, yet alone while being run on a dyno.

And they removed the sump plug, no oil came out, and they can't work out why it has no oil pressure? Maybe because there's no oil in the sump...

And they removed the sump plug, no oil came out, and they can't work out why it has no oil pressure? Maybe because there's no oil in the sump...

lol, i was waiting for someone else to notice that. surely it was a typo or mis-communication.