SAU Community

oil leak out of plenum

driftr33

hi ive got an oil leak coming out of the top part of my plenum i was told this could mean that i have ****ed a seal in the turbo or one of my oil lines from the turbo r blocked . i was just wondering if anyone has experienced this before and if it is the seal does anyone no how much for a seal and were is the cheapest place i can get one from.

thanks

Guest KILLER-T

I dont think oil comming out of there is good i would be finding out why there is a oil leak is there any oil comming out of the BOV ?. At the start of the year i had oil comming out of my plenum it turned out i had cracked the ringland on a piston and it was rebuild time for me i hope this is not the case for u:goddam:

There are two hoses coming from the back of the rocker covers.

One connects to the other. Disconnect the hose on the left ( from facing the front of the engine) and look for oil residue in the pipe. Start her up ( she may run rough) and look for oil leaking out , give her a few quick short sharp rev's.

This is blow by. The worse it is the more expensive it is to fix.

Some is normal.

If your still unsure see a mech.

naa there is absolutely no "smoke" the performance is still as good no loss off boost or nuthing nothing comeing out of the blow off valve no oil in the the hks ram pod but this tiny little leak coming out of a seal that connects the plenum and the pipeing the blow off valve is situated on i think im just gonna have to get it professionally looked at.

thanks everyone for there input though

hey everyone i got it checked out and it is the oil seals in the turbo they r just starting to go so if i baby it for a while it should be alright but i still have to get it fixed and coz its ceramic i gotta go the whole hog just wondering who people use in perth for turbos ive priced per4manz he said 1900 i then went to turbo tech and they said 1000-1200 which is better but if i can i wouldnt mind getting it done under the grand mark so if anyone nos someone it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks phil

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Yeah, I get that. I try to be as cost-efficient as possible with cars, and typically prefer to buy them at the bottom of their depreciation curve. I was looking at those Bilsteins too as they're roughly in the same price bracket as the BC's - lack of adjustability and being soft put me off, not that I want anything too hard. That's my issue with the Skyline, it's too expensive and it's reflected in my driving. I don't mind going full pelt as long as there's a gravel trap to catch me. Really, proper safety equipment is needed for total confidence. Well this just turned up for the BMW. I'll try and get the front together tomorrow and take some pics of the absolutely horrid rear end; perhaps I'll have a crack at the rear on Wednesday. I need to make the car drivable before the weekend as I'll be driving it over to London.    
    • Hi SAU community  Wondering what my 93 Very RARE TH1 Blue R32 GTR VSpec is worth these days?? Build is fairly dated now All Mods are Compliance Approved  Runs RB26 done only 10000ks Greddy T88 done only 8000ks HKS Cam 1000cc Injectors Full Titanium Exhaust Nismo Intercooler Nismo Oil Cooler HKS Oil sump Tein Super Street Coils Cusco Sway Bars RAYS TE37 19x10.5 DYNO street tune makes around 700hp on 98octane  
    • It does sound like a fuse considering the indicators work..I’ll triple check when I’m free and report back.    thanks for the reply.
    • no, the car was a manual 5 speed from the factory and still is.
    • While going through data logs late last week, I spotted a small issue with my WMI. My WMI starts to progressively inject at 11psi of boost. I'm using a 25psi cut in pressure switch on my WMI as an added safety and if the curve is linear, I should hit that 25psi on my WMI system around 13-14psi of boost.  As per my data logs, my WMI pressure switch only activates around 19psi of boost. This is causing my non WMI 4D map to trim for WMI. I'm presuming this is caused by the mechanical switch response time, injection curve not being linear or both.  I ordered a 2-10psi adjustable cut in pressure switch which should correct this. If this doesn't resolve it before my dyno appointment on Friday, I'll just remove the pressure switch temporarily and more than likely replace it with a pressure transmitter afterwards.    BTW Speedtek has yet to refund me.