SAU Community

HOWTO: RB25DET High Boost mode with standard solenoid

paulr33

I did this mod a few weeks ago and can definately feel a difference, especially in 1st gear and 2nd. Full boost is now at 3000rpm maybe lower

My fuel economy has been horrible though - 16L/100km on this tank as opposed to the steady 10-11L/100km I have been getting for the 6 months before this. I dont drive any differently than I used to either, could this be related to my fuel economy? Instead of cutting the black wire I exposed it and ran a wire from ground to the point where the black wire is exposed. I might reverse the mod to see if it has anything to do with my fuel economy if I dont figure out the problem soon.

Did you reset the ECU, let it relearn the new airflow rates

Did you reset the ECU, let it relearn the new airflow rates

How do I do this? And does the ECU slowly relearn over time because the next fill up got me somewhere between 13.5-14L per 100kms so maybe the problem is fixing its self.

Edited by Crackfox

• 4 weeks later...
ever seen the earth wire for the oxygen sensor on a EB to EF falcon.... WHITE.

Only mention this cause the same oxygen sensor fits the skylines.

wot colour is the ground for s2 r33's?

i only got - green with blue strip

- white with green strip

- red with black strip

wtf? lol

• 1 month later...
wot colour is the ground for s2 r33's?

i only got - green with blue strip

- white with green strip

- red with black strip

wtf? lol

Are you looking at the right thing? Should only be 2 wires

• 4 weeks later...

So after you cut the wire and connect the solenoid to an earth, is there any benifit in earthing the other half of the cut wire that goes to the ecu?

what sort of boost would I expect to get with a turbo back 3inch and r34 smic with this mod? would it be 9-10 on the stock turbo?

Just bought a stock R33 GTS25T just joined this forum and just did this mod.... instant improvment! Feels much more responsive now due to the boost being there faster. Thanks guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys first post here! But I've been reading them forever. I want to do this mod today and plan on buying one of those SPDT switches, but I'd like to know how to wire it up? Do I just splice the ground into the black wire? Or do I cut the black wire and wire it to the switch, and then wire a ground from the switch? Would that in essence make the circuit when its pressed one way and break the circuit when its pressed the other way? Making it so I can ground the solenoid and also turn it off?

What I'm really looking for is a quick write up of how to wire in a switch lol, I'm in desperate need of it. I'm just confused thats the big issue.

And when I don't send a ground to the black wire, does that mean that it return to the 5-7psi like before?

Much appreciated guys!

Matt

he may want a switch because i doesnt want always high boost for example in the wet !!! its not too hard mate all you need to do is get your self a 3 way on off on switch (or a two way on on what ever you find first ) no the wire from the solinoid needs to be wired into the center tab of the switch and the other two (the earth to the car and the earth that leads back to the computer ) get wired to each side of the swich taps (so for arguments sake the earth of the car on the left tab of the switch and the wire to the computer (the wire you cut off the solinoid ) goes to the right tab of the switch so now all you have to do is rock the switch left for high boost or right for standard two stage ill try draw a pic in ms paint to show you and post it

Again...

If its wet, then you wont generally be using full throttle too much would you? So you wont be making full boost anyway.

honestly how hard is it for people on this site to just answer a question on this site instead of trying to belittle them o for one am running 12 psi via an actuator so i cant turn my boost down but if i wind out 3rd too long (even with quarter to half throttle ) my car will step out once i hit 100 kmh .

just answer there question thats why the joined the forum !!! to get help off those who ave been there and done that before .

i reckon all you people that search the forums looking for someone to harass with "do a search " or thats stupid what do that its pointless" can only say that because they don't know how to answer the problem !!! if you don't know the answer keep your mouth shut and move on , if you know the answer take 10 seconds out of your life and answer the poor bugger geeez

Relax buddy.

Its called constructive criticism. And it is help, its someone telling them that theres no point running a "Hi/Lo" boost switch with the small amount of boost the car actually makes.

But hey, if what he is after is an in cabin switch so all his mates can see hes got a "high" boost button.. then thats top notch too!

If your worried about the extra oomph in the lower rpm in the rain then why the hell would you be tearing around with enough throttle to make enough boost to spin the wheels?

You'l spend all this time running the switch, and i can guarantee that 99% of the time it will be left on high boost anyway..

yes i understand were your coming from but isnt it easyer just to answer the question for him !!!! we all know he will end up leaveing in on high boost but if its a switch he wants let him do it thats all im saying if someone askes for help they dont want to know what your aopinion is they just want your help if you know how to do it tell them if not move onto the next thred

lol yeah it gets that way im currently saving for a fmic and turbo back 3" dump/front pipe , cant wait only a week till i get to order it them maybe a nistune after that should keep me happy for a month or two lol

Does the r33 have a 5 psi or 7psi actuator stock?

If its 7 then why not just remove all the solenoid pipework and have a constant 7psi? would that work?

Does anyone have a diagram of what hoses go where and what can be removed if this would work?

thanks