SAU Community

Eastern Creek Drags

Boxhead.r33

ah shit I think you're right. ah well one more week won't kill me.

I've done a lot of circuit racing but I've never been down the 1/4 so I have no idea what to expect. Do you know roughly what trap speed an R33 could do with 240rwkw?

ah shit I think you're right. ah well one more week won't kill me.

I've done a lot of circuit racing but I've never been down the 1/4 so I have no idea what to expect. Do you know roughly what trap speed an R33 could do with 240rwkw?

My 34 with 220 at the rears I get 167-170km/h

Supposed to be clearing tomorrow and Wednesday, I have been keeping an eye on it all week, isolated shower or two for Wednesday evening. No doubt that will be focused on WSID lol. I'm going anyway, will be hiring a trailer and buying a helmet Wed morning after getting my GoPro back.

I'm going to pop down from Newcastle, where I'm working for the next two weeks and spectate. I haven't gone to the drags as a spectator in ages! I'll be sure to say g'day if I recognise your car's lads.

The last time I ran at Eastern Creek was about 1999-2000, back when 13sec was quick for a street car.

alright I'm leaving soon. I'll be there probably on my own. send me a PM it will come to my phone if you want to meet up. My R33 doesn't stand out at all looks pretty standard just silver colour with the factory spoiler in black

Couldn't have asked for better weather in the end!

A reasonable turn out of Skylines, including a blast from the past with the ex-Advan Performance purple R33. I rocked up just in time to see a very tidy silver 33 GTS25t run 12.3 @ 124mph. After a bit of a chat with the owner (top bloke - is on Sau too) I suggested a few things to help with his launch and traction... a run or so later and he nailed a 11.10 @ 128+! Great driving dude. Congrats!

• Like 1

That 33 was fast! Smashed me on my last run. A mix of tyres not designed for drag racing and getting no traction and forgetting I had a boost controller *facepalm* meant my times were shithouse. Having never driven at the drags on that turbo setup, my launches were terrible with slow 60 foot times, fun night and the car didnt break! Didnt see the old Advan car run but saw a weapon R32 run an 8. Mmmmmmmm.