OZ GTR35

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was it 140?

c'mon, you saw how i usually drive.

yeah, the clutch has been fantastic!!

yeah, if i shred the tyres on my 18's i'll throw the stockies on afterwards and get some decent rubber on the rims.

wanna come and spectate?

Prank,

You can expect to get 4-5 15min to 20 min sessions out on the track, thats plenty for your first time, you can expect about 7 to 10 laps @ about a 2 min laptime.

You drive on the road with cars everywhere without a concern in the world, there are parked cars and gutters every where. On the track you have 15-20 cars on a 2km+ track, a football field to run off on nearly every corner, drive safe and in control any you and your car will come home safe and with no real were or tear. I have done about 7 track days, same tyres and same brakes, I drive my streetcar like a streetcar. Drive your streetcar like a racecar and that is where you run into trouble. You will be fine.

Helmets? $100 investment, shit we drive $10,000's worth of cars and spend $1000's on mods, go to a bike shop and buy one this weekend. I normally bring about 3 spare helmets but they normally are used for passengers or if someone forgot one.

XLBoy,

I have a teacher mate who has driven his XL with us and he had a ball, yes you will be in the slower group and you might not overtake too many people but trust me you will enjoy yourself. I have a story, about 1yr ago my friend bought his XL out to a track day. He followed me out on the track. GTR v XL, I was doing just under 2 min laps and he was doing 2.15 to 2.20 min laps, I newer lapped him, he was only say 20 sec slower per lap and you need at least 15 min to catch him on a 2 min track. Remember you normally do a warm up and down lap so there goes your 20-min session.

All see you there!

You are gana freek when I tell you what I have, 50,000Km old which included 7 trackdays and they were second hand pads when I got the car, still have plenty of meat on them. They are drum roll!!!!!!!!! Nissan Standard GTR Blue Pads. If they do run out before I sell the car I will be getting another set, they are spot on.

hahahhah u know ure not the first person to tell me go with the standard nissan pads!!!

i just wanna get everything all good for the track day, already replaced the tyres (were all bald)... brakes are squeaking on the front so they need to be changed then next week the suspension should all be fixed up and properly adjusted.. track day is good its been motivating me to fix up all bits of the car.. :)

THINK I"LL BE IN FOR A TRACK SESSION.

DO YOU JUST LEAVE YOU NAME HERE AND THEN TURN UP AT E.C. ? LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.

IS THERE AN ALLOWANCE FOR FIRST TIMERS ? I'D HATE TO LEAVE THE PITS AND HAVE AN EXPIRENCED MODDED TO THE HILT GTR ON MY HAMMER.

PeakRPM,

Sorry but we are full, I already have about 3 people too many. If I can get 4 people to drop out due to mech issues I will let you know. Sorry, but keep your eye out for next time. It will only be a month or so.

Paul,

I think me rear brake pads are ok, I will probably be going with the ultimates on the front... my current pads are almost all gone at the front.

Oz, $100 eh? thats not too bad, i'll buy one next week. You've also encouraged me alot, i feel a lot less nervous now.. thank you!

I just have to change oil, oil filter and brake fluid and i am READY! :)

Guest [ryan]
You are gana freek when I tell you what I have, 50,000Km old which included 7 trackdays and they were second hand pads when I got the car, still have plenty of meat on them. They are drum roll!!!!!!!!! Nissan Standard GTR Blue Pads. If they do run out before I sell the car I will be getting another set, they are spot on.[/quote:71b977e093]

Maybe u just dont use the brakse often, thats why the don't wear out! :) haha

Ryan,

You are right, I take it easy, because I know I have to drive the car home, but there is an interesting point here. Last track day I did at wakefield I had Warren Luff in the car with me for 20 min. After the first 2 corners he comments, you ride a bike dont you. I replied "yes how the f**k! did you know!" He replied, you brake with set-up and squeeze", If any of you here have ridden a bike you will now you dont just slam on your brakes on a bike you get the bike settled by getting your weight forward with a soft setup and then you squeeze the brakes. (P.S. I will have my Honda Fireblade at EC, my wife and I will be taking our blades for a squirt before the car) Warren then spent the next 10 min getting me to slam the brakes on hard early and then pull off gently as I am about to turn, so the car is more balance (IE not all the weight on the front tyres) before you turn the wheel into a corner. I can envisage that with this new technique I will go through the pads a lot more, but the GTR brakes so quickly I would say I only use about 5-10 sec of braking at the creek in a 2 min lap.

Anyway Ryan since you have bagged my braking I will give you an offer to come for a drive with me at this next trackday. We will be there till 5pm so all you have to do is knock off early. If you want a reference ask PH he has spent plenty of time in the seat.