SAU Community

Rush Fit / Tapout ?

Kenna802

Good evening all,

I was bored last night and during my channel surfing I come across tapout xt on the infomercial channel. It seems to be a cardio/ resistance type workout and was just curious if anyone has tried it. I also found some info on the rushfit workout as well so I thought I would mention it. I am a bit hesitant with everyone watching me at the gym while I die attempting some of there cardio workouts and thought maybe it would help enough to start out on. ( especially when I can get both cheap as ) Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks All

I have been going to the gym for about 8 months and trying to build muscle however I am short and stocky and i want to get more definition. Basically I wanna drop fat and build muscle which I am having trouble doing. I am seriously thinking about giving this a go to drop the body fat than go back to the gym

I understand that rev. When I first started going to the gym my heart rate was 160 at about 6.5 km/ph on the runner. In the time at the gym I can now run 2 kms in under ten minutes as a warm up before I hit the weights. I have also stopped eating pretty much simple carbs as my diet pretty much consists of oats in the morning with a protein shake than chicken and brown rice for smoko lunch and pre gym snack ( sometimes with semi dried tomatoes and feta ) than after workout I will have a protein shake and than dinner which usually consists of sweet potato chicken/steak/kangaroo and lots of veges . Only on leg day will I have some potato after a workout as I usually am very wobbly afterwoulds with tea. I usually have one coffee in the morning with one sugar and occasionally a can of Pepsi max during the day.

Ok that sounds like it's healthy and all good changes for the long term. You body composition will gradually change to reflect what you are now doing.

In terms of matching your requirements , it's about how much. So how much rice and how much chicken vs your requirements.

Plenty of people do similar to yourself and find changes are small and slow. If you are eating relatively large portions or too small it stalls progress.

Have you done a basic portion vs marco check?

How lean do you want to be and when are you wanting that to happen by?

Building muscle AND dropping significant fat is a challenge:

a) Because it's suibjective

b) Because the rates and potential are genetic (also see above)

c) Because packing on lots of muscle at the same time as dropping body fat is much harder than doing just one of them. Requires more commitment.

Rush Fit and Tapout infomercials feature the usual people who built muscle in the gym then did it for cardio. The lean bit they got from the kitchen.

I have had a look at iifym and derived a sort of basis. I have a bowl of oats for breakie than breakup half a chicken to be divided into 3 meals and same as for a packet of brown rice ( I think 250mg divided into 3 ). I use the microwaveable packs as they just so convienent and than for tea I usually try have a good size of protein ( 250-350 gram steak or chicken etc) I am currently sitting 78 kilos and am 170 cm tall. I usually go to the gym 3-4 times a week. Ultimately I would like to grow some size but lower my body fat

Edited by Kenna802

To be honest rev I don't really have an answer. All I know is when I look in the mirror I'm not happy . All I do know is I want to get abs I can see ( I have about an inch of fat hiding over my lower abs and about half an inch of fat over my middle ones as well as increase my puny arms and generally increase muscle all over. I know I have made gains in the 8 months I have been doing this as I have built up to 3 sets of 80 kilos at 6 reps each. When I first started I couldn't do that at 60kg

You need to 'quantify' those goals. Numbers. Size measurements . You can go with waist measurement for example. Be realistic.

Seeing abs is one thing , however , if you have never seen them before your expectations are based on unknown. This leads to dissapointment.

Takes time to get lean, takes time to get fat. Be realistic but, commit to things that can be measured. The subjective puts you in danger of image issues even when you have achieved alot.