SAU Community

Intercooler Hoses

Zahos

Well at the moment i have stainless steel mandrel bends in place, but this causing a problem!

If you look at the pic of my cooler, you will see that one of the pipes runs under the coller to utilise the factory plumbing. The pipe I had made up to run under it, hangs very low!

I cannont cut the pipe coming out of the end tank any more as I have already chopped as much as i can off.

I cannot cut any more off the pipe running under any shorter either.

At the moment, the intercooler is sitting on an angle so that the pipe doesn't hang too low.

If i use A rubber hose with an elbow, I can get around this problem because then i can have bend coming right after the pipe on the end tank finishes. The pipe would then sit directly under the cooler, and this wouldn't be an issue.

If i had the cash to do that, i would probably get new end tanks made up for the cooler instead.... much cheaper alternative.

The intercooler looks a bit funny sitting on an angle, but it doesn't bother me enough to spend big bucks on it. I'm looking to buy a house now, so spending more cash on the car when i dont need to is out of the question for me...

Hello again Lowlux. I am collecting bits and pieces for my project, which will be a supercharged 33GTS-4. I am still looking for a suitable vehicle though. Eventually I am going to have to fabricate a set of extractors for it. The pipe sizes on the Jasma extractors are about optimum for a normally aspirated engine, but far too small for a supercharged RB26.

What grade stainless can you get, 304, 321 ? and what wall thickness ? I will need to buy a fair bit of this stuff, but cannot plan the exhaust until I actually have a car! Please e-mail me: [email protected]