SAU Community

Metra Kit Install

Hey Guys, had a go at this last weekend, was tedious at times but overall went smoothly =)

The black has really given the interior a fresh look and im pretty happy with the results ! was worried the Metra kit would look a bit tacky but it actually looks fine. =)

What do you guys think?

post-97837-0-31075800-1389436292_thumb.jpg

post-97837-0-61548200-1389436321_thumb.jpg

post-97837-0-65902000-1389436353_thumb.jpg

Sweet work. My dash looked the same when I installed the double DIN JVC head unit to replace the crappy stocker with a jap pop CD stuck inside. So much to pull apart... Lucky mine is a non Bose so just all went back together smooth as.

I think it looks good, but I don't think you did a search nor asked on the forums about the Metra kit.

A simple question would have resulted in you knowing beforehand that not only do you now have very crappy/tacky rubber buttons, but within a short timeframe your a/c controls will fail and you will have to buy an oem kit anyhow.

Metra kits are junk. Fullstop.

• Like 1

All controls thus far are working fine, how many metra kits have you heard of failing? And what causes the failures? The buttons are rubber but i don't think it detracts from the overall finish and I'm actually very happy with the results over the factory look.

I also think not everyone has an unlimited budget.. The metra was half the price of the oem and the touch screen stereo has gps and all the mod cons but its no brand name either.

I am happy to take my chances ( to late now i guess ) and will 100% report back here if i have ANY problems with the controls.