SAU Community

R34 Gtt Manual Conversion Using Rb25De Box

Hi all. Ive been reading stuff off this site for a long time now and finally decided to make an account. Im from New Zealand and own a r34 gtt. Im in the process of doing a manual conversion using what I was told was a rb25de r34 box same specs as rb20det box I believe? Now comes to my problem what front section drive shaft do I use? The drive shaft I have I think it is r32. All another conversion I have read use r33 big box or 34 box which in nz is atleast 1800 jus for box. So u would use 33 or 34 drive shaft. So what should I b using r34 rb25de front section, modified r33 front section with a rb20det yoke weilded on?

You just need a front section that suits that box. So that comes down to a choice of;

1) R32 RB20DET front section,

2) R33 RB25DE front section,

3) R34 RB25DE front section.

Those are all the same. The only one that is different from those is the RB25DET.

Be informed that this conversion is a mistake. The small gearbox won't last as long behind the big motor as the big box will. Resist the temptation to add any extra power. The extra torque will only make things worse.

Thanks mate the 32 hoop seem to be in the wrong place.

Yes I know that its jus temporary. Till I can get some more money together done the line. Are they all the same lenght?

I was assuming you were going to cut'n'shut. If you just want to swapsies, then you need one from an NA 34, or more than likely 33, seeing as those cars are 99% the same under the skin.

When it blow hopefully will have enough to replace it with rb25set big box. Its a #2 box so hoping will last a lil longer with better snycros

Better synchros have nothing to do with it. The input shaft bearing will call it quits, or you'll break something else.

• 3 months later...

so have you done this trans swap gtsboy.i was hoping for abit more info then that on how it bolted up what crossmember ect. and dos the tailshaft need to shortened lenghtend

bla bla or will it all just bolt st8 in