SAU Community

How Much Boost To Run My 6266'd Rb30

G37Sam

Hello guys,

I have a built RB30 with a 26 head and a PTE6266, I only have access to 98RON pump fuel.

I am currently pushing it to just under 1.6 bar with no pinging but am itching to push it even further. What do you guys think? Would a low 8's Static CR take 1.8 bar on 98 pump fuel?

Any feedback/experience would be appreciated :)

Cheers,

Sam

There are so many variables that the only way to know is throw it on the dyno and see

I built a 2630 with twin GT-RSs and 9.5:1 static comp on E85 and I only expected to run 24psi and so far we're up to 28, went 30 but the spark gets blown out, but going from 26 to 28 it picked up 25hp at all 4, when we sort the spark issue then we will try 30 and see what happens, if it picks up another 20-25 HP we'll try 32 and so on till it no longer makes decent gains or get to high of a knock level

Boost doesn't kill engines poor tuning and preignition does

• 7 months later...

There are so many variables that the only way to know is throw it on the dyno and see

I built a 2630 with twin GT-RSs and 9.5:1 static comp on E85 and I only expected to run 24psi and so far we're up to 28, went 30 but the spark gets blown out, but going from 26 to 28 it picked up 25hp at all 4, when we sort the spark issue then we will try 30 and see what happens, if it picks up another 20-25 HP we'll try 32 and so on till it no longer makes decent gains or get to high of a knock level

Boost doesn't kill engines poor tuning and preignition does

That is true, but you're blessed with E85. I'm stuck with pump fuel that was why I wanted to see what would be a safe limit.

what power is it making with the 6266 at 1.6bar?

Depends on the dyno really. Mine maxed out at 615whp at 1.6bar. Posted a dyno sheet on RB30 thread.