SAU Community

Will i make 350awkw?

Just after some general opinions on how much power the following set up SHOULD make on my R33 GTR.

The set up is:

Currently fitted:

N1 block (with N1 turbos and oil cooler)

3" cat-back

Apexi Pod Filter

Boost controller

Installing:

Front pipe

Power FC

700cc injectors

Fuel Pump

Z32 AFMs

Cam Gears

I'm aiming for 300-350awkw anything more is a bonus.

Ive seen meshmesh and a few others with a similar set up but running 2530s achieve the power figures i want, just wondering how weak a link the N1 turbos will be in achieving the above figure.

Thanks

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is anywhere between 300-320KW. But you should have great off the bottom response with that setup, let us know how you go ...

p.s. which N1's ? there are different types, if R33 N1s will be lower than Group A N1's

Just after some general opinions on how much power the following set up SHOULD make on my R33 GTR.  

The set up is:

Currently fitted:

3" cat-back

Apexi Pod Filter

Boost controller

Installing:

Front pipe

Power FC  

700cc injectors

Fuel Pump

Z32 AFMs

Cam Gears

Ive seen meshmesh and a few others with a similar set up but running 2530s achieve the power figures i want, just wondering how weak a link the N1 turbos will be in achieving the above figure.

Thanks

I would add a couple of things to your list;

1. hi flow cat

2. tuning (for power), tuning (for response), tuning (for reliability)

Plus I wouldn't be running a bare POD, it really needs a heat shield and a big ambient air feed. You may find it a better overall packege with a mild camshaft upgrade, ie; 264 @ 9.5 mm.

Hope that helps :P

The set up is:

Currently fitted:

3" cat-back

Apexi Pod Filter

Boost controller

Installing:

Front pipe

Power FC  

700cc injectors

Fuel Pump

Z32 AFMs

Cam Gears

Thanks

Mine's similar to yours (current and installing columns) except mine has: std injectors, std block and group A turbos. clutch is single plate

283rwkw @ 20psi, 260awkw @ 20psi on a different dyno and tuned for response.

N1's i believe are 0.42 comp and 0.48 exh (basically std tarbins) but steel wheeled and maybe different wheel trim?

Group A's are 0.60 comp and 0.64 exh steel wheeled and different wheel trim?

correct me if i'm wrong.

hope that helps.

Mine's similar to yours (current and installing columns) except mine has: std injectors, std block and group A turbos. clutch is single plate

283rwkw @ 20psi, 260awkw @ 20psi on a different dyno and tuned for response.

N1's i believe are 0.42 comp and 0.48 exh (basically std tarbins) but steel wheeled and maybe different wheel trim?

Group A's are 0.60 comp and 0.64 exh steel wheeled and different wheel trim?

correct me if i'm wrong.

hope that helps.

r34 n1's are .60 and .64

Best I've seen is 280RWKW's using R33 N1's. Power only limited by turbos, not engine capability.

Keep in mind this was measured on a Queensland Dyno Dynamics Dyno, ramp rate of 80, no atmo correction, 4th gear.

Was for a circuit prepped GTR 32, but managed to run 11.6 @ 123 qtr mile.

Are Queensland Kw's bigger than Mexican Kw's? :wassup:

OK I just have to jump in here, I have seen the engine dyno sheets for an RB26 equiped with a pair of Group A turbos that made 471 kw at 1.9 bar. That's with a standard R32 V SPec intercooler as well. The car it went into was red, some bloke called Richards drove it. Oh btw it had 9.3 to 1 compression ratio as well. :cheers:

Just 'cause SOME people can't do it, doesn't mean EVERYONE can't do it. :thankyou:

PS

Are Queensland Kw's bigger than Mexican Kw's?

Everyone knows Perth Kw's are bigger! :confused:

OK I just have to jump in here, I have seen the engine dyno sheets for an RB26 equiped with a pair of Group A turbos that made 471 kw at 1.9 bar.  That's with a standard R32 V SPec intercooler as well.  The car it went into was red, some bloke called Richards drove it.  Oh btw it had 9.3 to 1 compression ratio as well.  :cheers:  

Just 'cause SOME people can't do it, doesn't mean EVERYONE can't do it. :thankyou:

lol Sk. Yeah i remember that red gtr. I also remember it constantly suffering from turbo problems with that 471kw@flywheel tune b4 they were restricted.

Are you sure it had a standard intercooler?

While I only had a quick look at it the GT-R that Lindsay Fox has had a bizarre top entry weirdo intercooler. But the curator at the Fox museum also told me that the car weighed 1,000kg, I was like errr ok guy. Anyway... He should know but I have a lot of trouble believing that the car is 1,000kg

I would have thought, based on other guys running N1's with a similar set up, that 280rwKw was about there limit? I have to admit though, they weren't from perth, so I would imagine adding another 100-150kw at the wheels easy peasy :jk:

Are you sure it had a standard intercooler?

While I only had a quick look at it the GT-R that Lindsay Fox has had a bizarre top entry weirdo intercooler.

Ooops, that's the air inlet to the turbos, not the outlet from the turbos to the intercooler. :wassup:

Guest INASNT
I would have thought, based on other guys running N1's with a similar set up, that 280rwKw was about there limit? I have to admit though, they weren't from perth, so I would imagine adding another 100-150kw at the wheels easy peasy :jk:

Also with all standard other parts!!! hehehe

I think we should call it the perth triangle.

PS  

Everyone knows Perth Kw's are bigger! :confused:

I would have thought a person who prides himself on being so knowledgable on the science of tuning would know that KW is a scientific measure of energy that is NOT a relative concept (like e=mc2) but a constant one. When measured using the same measuring tool - in this case a dyno dynamics dynamometer - the results will be congruent if the atmo and other correction figures are correctly entered, which they are here (at least by SST).

If in perth feel free to come let me know, one ride in any car dynoed on SST's dyno will immediately verify thier figures. Out of interest SK what would you predict a fully loaded (non weight reduced) R33 GTR putting out 285 rwkw ON YOUR DYNO would do the quater in given that my R33 ran 11.9 (average run) and registered 285 on SST's ??? I would have guessed about 11.9

OR

If anyone is asserting WA people are fiddling with dyno figures why dont they have the balls to come out and just say that.

So Sydneykid thinks that Dyno Dynamics Shootout in WA is different to other states?

We just had a spot check and were spoton. Ask John monro about ND4SPD.

Sydneykid feels he is Australias number one and needs to knock everone else,Ask your selves why?

Shoot you guys are sensitive, it was a joke :jk:

Let me say it here, you can repeat it all you like, tell everyone! Tell the whole world if you like. I am not a good tuner, there are plenty better than me. Shoot I personally know a 100. I make no claims on my own ability, I am far (very far) from being Australia's #1. I don't own a retail workshop or do any retail work, I have no need to beat my chest or claim anything. I am so slow with the spanners that the guys laugh at me. :wassup:

I go to race meetings all over Australia, 30 or so per year, drag combat, nationals, dyno shootouts etc etc. I have a stopwatch (or 2), I can use them OK and I can tell a fast car from a slow car. The measurement of FAST is distance over time, notice no mention of hp (or kw's) in that equation.

So guys, get that chip off your shoulder, take a joke for what it is. :)

PS; just in case you think I have gone soft, what's with the

"WA" the Australian Import capital
it is my understanding that Qld is well past WA. So that makes you guys #4, but since Canbraaaaaa is the "capital" and far from #1, maybe it's OK.

Oooops I better hoist the :jk: flag just in case.