SAU Community

Dolphin Front Bar With Stock Kit

sekay1994

Hey there guys! (and perhaps girls)

Just been browsing the net for Stagea body kits. I'd like to lower it and add a kit. I'm just wandering would a dolphin front bar look okay with the rest of the car stock or would you be best getting the whole kit?

I like the kit on it but I prefer a lower front bar. I was looking at perhaps this:

http://www.vivagarage.com.au/vivastore/index.php/nissan-stagea-c34-series-2-type-d-front-bar.html

Or there's whole kits (all parts more expensive):

http://www.blitsbodykits.com.au/nissan.html

Current:

IMG_1395-1.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

Then again looking at these photos perhaps i should get it lowered first ;)

Not a fan of aftermarket body kits, especially fibreglass as they don't always fit properly and crack easily.

How about a Nissan one (Dayz)? I went the same path, looks much better than stock, factory fitment and quality. I got mine from japaneseimportspares in sa(close to you)! I can link you pics if you can't find any.

Cheers - Adrian.

How about a Nissan one (Dayz)? I went the same path, looks much better than stock, factory fitment and quality. I got mine from japaneseimportspares in sa(close to you)! I can link you pics if you can't find any.

Yeah I might consider a DayZ kit! I like that with their extra height they look more level with the side skirts if that makes sense.

Out of interest, where in Adelaide is worth looking for Stagea parts? Japimportspares has been a handy resource, as far as i know though they only have a beat up front bar ATM.

What do you reckon it'd set me back to get it sprayed and fitted?

Cheers guys! DayZ front bar and lowering are definitely coming!

The one they have doesn't look too bad (but cant really tell from the crappy pic) - I paid $600 for mine a few years ago, It was an insurance job so cant comment on how much it would cost to spray though. (maybe 300?)

Glad you have come around, the Days kits look so much better than any of other after market ones (unless you like the boy racer look)... :)

Hahaha yeah, i always liked the DayZ kits but i guess i was thinking get something different because they do look very similar to the stock bar.

I'm guessing they dont really come up for sale as people aren't getting rid of them?

I have no knowledge of spray painting, i wander if the fact Japimportspares bar is black would make it harder to get sprayed, id assume not but hmmm.

Cheers bud

After asking Jap import spares on facebook they uploaded 2 new ones, would you say $440 is a bit steep or about right?

Adding it up im guessing it would come to around $440 + $300(paint) + ~$100(fit) = $840.

DayZ Kit + lowering are good for daily driving.

As I am putting the Blitz Front Bar on my stagea, and I cannot lowering

If I lower it, most of the carpark I cannot go in.

Definitely planning on lowering first then most likely a DayZ bar.

Anyone know of or can recommend any good springs? want to lower about 30mm.

Will consider Coilovers too but on KFC wages springs are looking more inviting

• 3 weeks later...

Having had a Dolphin bar on the front of my wagon for a few years all I can say is don't do it.

They have massive overhang and sit very low. Add lowered suspension and even the mildest speed hump/drive way/slight incline becomes a problem.