SAU Community

Power Fc Repair

Car: R34 GTT

Problem: TCS Light, Slip light, Check Engine Light all on - Errors because No power to the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor). This is causing the car to idle higher then usual and have a lack of power.

Cause: Previous owner somehow melted the main loom running out of the fire wall and along the turbo side of the car. A hand full of wires (5 or so) were melted together one of witch was the TPS wires causing a short to the ECU.

The wires have been fixed and tested with a stock ECU and everything runs fine.

It is apparent that there is a short on the Power fc although I cant visually see anything.

Does any one know of a place that fixes power Fc's?

I have tried Trent and Cat but they more focus on tuning now days

Thanks

Send the guys at FC-Hako a message. I think they are both electrical engineers and pretty cluey with the stuff. From what I can remember they do fix Power FC's if they are repairable

Thanks 89CAL I did check them out how ever I did think they added an after market application to the power Fc. Any how I will message them and see what they think.

BTW thanks for your help along the way you have posted in most of my topics with useful information.

Any one else know any one?

There is another place in Sydney that does them I think, but the name escapes me sorry. Someone on here should know. Have you looked in Paulr33's FAQ? The name of the place may have been in there or something to point you in the right direction perhaps

Funny cause I contacted them. There reply was super fast. No more that 30 minutes. I'm sending my unit out for my ECR33. I hope they can fix it.

I hope they can fix it as the only thing I'm not getting is ignition spark. My hks ignition amplifier shorted and damaged the ecu.

I can remember send the last item half way around the world it was a HKS 3076R Pro S turbo for a new housing and exhaust wheel. HKS technical facility charged me 2K for the repairs and after I swallow and bang my head they lost my turbo. Like wtf. I just forgot about the whole thing and went top mount with one of 6boost manifolds and a GT35.

What an experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Fc-Hako received my power FC Tuesday Morning and had it fixed and ready to post back today.

So far so good they are very prompt on the email and everything they do.

Figers crossed my problems are fixed

Update: Fc-Hako received my power FC Tuesday Morning and had it fixed and ready to post back today.

So far so good they are very prompt on the email and everything they do.

Figers crossed my problems are fixed

Was it very $$$ to sort it out of curiosity??

$150 + Postage.

Plus they said if they cant fix it no charge.

Its a lot better then I was quoted in Melbourne. The place I was going to go to cost $175 for inspection alone + price of fixing with no garentee they can fix it.