SAU Community

R32 Constant Misfire, Sounds Ugly As Balls

ali-stain

Ok so I'm having a few problems with my 32 (turbo) I bought the car about a month ago, all seemed fine on purchase, besides bulk unburnt fuel. I did a service myself (spark plugs, oil etc) and at the same time before I went for a drive I bumped up my fuel pressure reg from 20 to about 40. Started it up it sounded like aids, real gluggy and wobbly on acceleration, was told it was a misfire, and perhaps I've drowned my injectors with fuel due to bumping up the fuel reg, or it's a spark plug issue.. I turned my fuel reg back down and it's made no difference. I have 440cc injectors, yellow jacket coil packs and iridium spark plugs. Any help on what the problems are and how to fix would be very appreciated. Thanks guys.

What ecu?

why are you just messing with the fuel pressure randomly?

You can't drown injectors, you can flood the 3ngine and or foul plugs.

In summary your problems are you are doing random things with no clue and that will never work out well for you.

So don't randomly mess with it.

Either spend ages reading and learning, or take it somewhere and get them to see what's going on.

For the time being busy yourself by doing a pressure test to see how many boost leaks you have. Search how to do it.

If you are in NSW, anywhere between Sydney or the Gong, I can have a quick sticky beak for you.

or if you can elaborate on 'highly modified' to get an idea of what the tune should be like I can help.