SAU Community

Tassies Fastest/quickest Low Mounted Turbo Gtr

Rbdirty30

Hey guys I was wondering what's the record at the drags for the fastest low mounted turbo GTR in tas

Also what's the record for the most horsepower/killawasps out of a low mounted GTR?

I was on google trying to find some answers with no luck. Hope you guys can help me out. Cheers

I remember seeing it at the drags a couple or so more years ago, sweet car! did it get a 9 second pass down tas or just in the mainland, I seen on the ignigtion video that it made 502awkw is that the record for power? It's all I could find

In TAS its XRATED with a 10.2, twin low mount.

You most likely wont get the chance to beat that either as it is only 1/8th now.

He 'only' had 400kw, that was around 2008 from memory.

AUS wide, the drag time, I think it's still the HI Octane R32 GTR. with around 9.7
GAV from WA made 530?kw with twin GTX2863's lowmounted

2006... looong time ago. ha ha ha.

were the gtx2863's direct replacment low mounts? eg can mount on stock manifolds etc?

Low's the street beast comming along mr Jangles? Didn't you buy a stagea to? Man we're going to have to get garages side by side at Powercruise!

2006... looong time ago. ha ha ha.

were the gtx2863's direct replacment low mounts? eg can mount on stock manifolds etc?

Low's the street beast comming along mr Jangles? Didn't you buy a stagea to? Man we're going to have to get garages side by side at Powercruise!

The GTX series bolt up using standard -5,-10,2530,GTRS rear housing, the intake has to be custom fabricated as it is 3" & 2".... Some crowds are machining them into the standard compressor housings now, not as good performance wise as full gtx trim from reports, but gives full standard look/bolt up.

Nah I don't have a stagea, but I do have a garage

Is there anyway of finding out the records for the drag classes. Now I no that they won't have the recored I'm after but it would be worth a read to see what has been done there.

Also XRATED what kind of tyres did you use? Semi slicks, street tyres or drag slicks?

The car was raced as a true street car and on street legal tires, full exhaust etc (just like you would drive it every day).

As far as I'm aware, there was never any class/record for 'low mount, GTR skylines'... it's really just an enthusiasts recognition. The car was the first GTR in Tassie to break into the 10's, at the time it took home quickest AWD, fastest import and a few other local awards that were done through TDRA.

As far as I'm aware it's still one of the fastest 'original factory engine' eg unopened GTR passes made in Aus?

I'm still surprised there is still interest in it as most people choose to use they're skylines for different racing disciplines.

Cheers

Justin

That's awesome mate! Well my GTR is a rb30 bottom end but I'm running gtrs turbos I like the idea of keeping it a low mounted turbo car. Do you still have the GTR?

Jangles are the gtx 2863's Internally gated?

The GTX2860, 2863 and 2867 use the same turbine as gt2860 -5 and -10. Also hks 2530 and GTRS.

Therefore they bolt straight into the turbine housing. You can use other housings of course, but this allows for stock low mount manifolds to be used..albeit with custom inlet piping.

So yes, internally gated in standard low mount gtr position.

I had a set of gtx2860's on a 2.6, with modified manfolds for external gates. but that plan changed.

On a setup like yours I'd be dropping in smaller duration camshafts and buying my gtx2860 setup ;)

Tyre frying boost from 3500rpm, and 500kw on e85 30psi ( not tested, just theory )