SAU Community

State Funeral For Sir Jack Brabham 11Th June

GTR-N1

Steve Peach is the senior minister of Southport Church of Christ where the funeral will be held tomorrow at 1.30pm

Steve is also the Jesus Racing Community Engagement Mngr

Sir Jack was the World F1 Drivers' Champion in 1959, 1960 & 1966.

Probably never again will there be an F1 Champion who has also designed his own engine and won at both simultaneously.

A lovely anecdote about Aussie humour that Sir Jack became renowned for was...

He was asked in '66 when he would retire - this was whilst he was leading the Drivers' Championship.

Despite being tactful in his response, he dressed up as a grey haired old man with a beard and a walking stick out to his waiting car on the grid before the next race!

But behind the wheel he was "ruthless" according to Stirling Moss.

Thanks for the wonderful memories Sir Jack.

I think I recall a Jack Brabham DVD somewhere, whether it be at ABC Bookshop or JB-Hi-Fi.

• Like 2

Wished I could have made it in person to this Terry as it was only an hour or so away but my work schedule just didn't allow :down:

Next best thing was watching the whole funeral on live feed over the net, which was put up via CAMS Australia

It was such a pleasure hearing the amazing stories etc from everyone that spoke about Sir Jack

A real privilege being able to get an insight into what he was like as a man, father, racer and engineer. Just an unreal guy all around.

Only wish I could have met him