SAU Community

R33 Gtr F Driver Side Drive Shaft

Hi guys

With all my problems my front driver side boot has split

I removed the shaft and was very easy no nee for a prybar just slipped out now on the tips of the shaft there is a groove with no snap ring should i be worried?

nope the snap ring stays in the front diff :)

BTW good luck to you that it came out easy....sometimes they can be an utter bastard

Cheers Duncan, answered my question. They can be a bastard to get out, need the right length prybar from the top & pop! Easy as!

Any evidence that someone has been there previously?

I too would be concerned, where did it go.

Jiffo & Andre, I did the right hand inner boot last weekend & I was surprised when the shaft came out with no circlip on it. After doing over 100 other shafts, that's never happened to me before! I inspected & spied the circlip still in the groove in the carrier. I contemplated taking the diff cover off & trying to retrieve it, but quickly realized this would be a wasted effort.

I refitted the shaft, reassembled all components, dropped it down & checked the shaft. All was good, no movement. I monitored it for a few days & I visually check it every few days till I'm confident it's all good.

So, don't stress too hard, If Duncan says it meant to be like that, then so be it. Thanks Duncan.