SAU Community

R34 Gt-T No Abs Or Tcs Help!

HI Guys,

So I Have owned the R34 for a year now , I noticed form the start that the TCS off light is always on from start-up I asked the previous owner why this was and he said that he had disabled it because it interferes with the Power FC....?

It never Really bothered me because, well its fun with it off anywayz =P but the other day I locked the brakes up and this has happened to me previously I don't have any ABS lights on, on my dash but it's definitely not working and I would like to have ABS lol. So I got out the wiring diagrams and tracked down these boxes in the boot behind the seat all the wires where unplugged I mean everything the harness had also been pulled out from the wheel well, that goes down to the underside of the car now I have plugged them all back in to where I think is correct...?, as you can see in the photos. I also put the cables back through the wheel well and to the underside but I have only managed to find one connection point (which I am guessing is the rear ABS) but I can't for the life of me work out where the others go! (as seen in pic) Also after connecting up the boxes and that one wire I still don't have ABS but I don't have any warning lights in the dash and the fusses are all fine agh... Help please??

post-111776-0-71247500-1403577867_thumb.pngpost-111776-0-60504900-1403577875_thumb.pngpost-111776-0-63638900-1403577880_thumb.pngpost-111776-0-06075800-1403577886_thumb.pngpost-111776-0-61164300-1403577891_thumb.pngpost-111776-0-69662100-1403577898_thumb.png

Edited by Mike-R34GT-T

They are for your HICAS

It seems you have a HICAS lock bar installed, which replaces this, hence the pile of connectors with nothing to connect it too.

Does your HICAS light stay on all the time?

The only light that stays on, on the dash is the TCS off light...

dosent one of those box's control part oif the ABS, im lost as to why this int working..

Edited by Mike-R34GT-T

Get a scan tool on it, see what fault codes are coming up. Just stabbing in the dark right now.

Could be a blown fuse - so it is a warning to say it is gone. Ign on, every light on your dash should illuminate.

Edited by sleptema

One box is HICAS, the other is TCS/ABS.

As far as I know, in R34s the TCS and ABS systems are so closely intertwined that if something has been done to break the TCS it has probably broken the ABS too. And if the TCS has been killed because of the PowerFC, then you're unlikley to get it going again.

R34s have a switch to turn TCS off and you have to use it every time you start the car, otherwise it defaults to ON. if it's always off....something tricky has been done. Or.....something is broken, like the fuse for that system. Have you had a look at the fuses?

Also, I concur with the call to get a scan tool on it. Every control unit in the car will talk on the Consult bus and tell you what is wrong with it. If you can't get the scan tool to tell you that you have an ABS or TCS controller (or HICAS controller given the wiring mess in your boot) then you will know that that unit is unpowered or otherwise deactivated. If you do get that unit on line, then it will tell you what is wrong with it.

Also, you should pull the cluster out and see if the appropriate light globes for ABS and HICAS are present and functional.

• Like 1