SAU Community

Speed Trials! 0-300klm/h tests!

Marlin,

I thought your idea would involve a Dyno run and not an actual run at 300km/h

You would be able to get a good estimate on a cars ability to reach such a speed by using drag co efficient and some smart software. It may not be 100% but I would think close to 99%.

If it is a driving event I would still be interested.....I just need to work out how to bypass the 230km/h limiter the car has. The APS Phase 3 Falcon did 307km/h at avalon

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marlin,

I thought your idea would involve a Dyno run and not an actual run at 300km/h

You would be able to get a good estimate on a cars ability to reach such a speed by using drag co efficient and some smart software.  It may not be 100% but I would think close to 99%.

If it is a driving event I would still be interested.....I just need to work out how to bypass the 230km/h limiter the car has. The APS Phase 3 Falcon did 307km/h at avalon

I didn't think there was too many Dynos that were capable of spinning to 300?

I thought around 200 was the limit for most. Anyway, sitting on a dyno is not quite as exciting as seeing a car bust through the air @ 300k's!

Is your car limited to 230 because of factory fitted tyres or tailshaft issues? I believe that most factory limits are for either if these. eg, V6 Magna/V6 Camry limited to 210 due to "H" Rated tyre.

My thoughts are this test would require all cars to be fitted with "Z" Rated tyres?

:D