SAU Community

Different rear lights on 98 gtr? Pls explain.

Can anyone explain why the rear lright ights on this R33 has red in the clear section. Where the reverse lights come on. Is it something different on th 98 model GTR? 97silverGTRback.jpg

Unforunately another change they made was that the later GT-Rs only light up two of the lights for the brakes instead of all four ;)

This is an earlier one, the reflectors do look different, I think.

GTR-2.jpg

That's true Gojira, but easily fixed with a simple wire ;) I also think they look wrong with only the outside lights lighting up when the brakes are depressed. All four light up when the headlights are on though...

N/A: Series 1 GTS and GTR (1995) have an unpainted, clear centre section that says "SKYLINE"... On the Series 2 GTS and Series 2 and 3 GTR, that part is painted to match the body colour.

Merlstar is correct, the series3 have 1 fog & 1 reverse... but mine doesn't have different coloured indicators..something rex hunt there!

I only noticed the 2 (not 4) brake light thing about a month ago.. but I guess there's the brakes light on the spoiler aswell.

Merli,

My 95 GTR has the painted SKYLINE panel, my understanding is that all GTRS have the painted panel and series I gtst's had the clear with series II changing to painted. I've personally never seen a GTR with the clear panel, but I guess someone could change them easy as....

Cheers

Brett

I love em, I've made up a set, haven't gotten around to puttin em on yet, will do them shortly now that I got some time off work.

You'll have to do some photos. Chuck a set of the instructions in where you send the short shifter I will have a fiddle and see if I like the look :cheers:

What's different between the GTR and GT-T??

LOL.. I assume you mean in terms of lights, right? ;) GT-T has standard (globe or rings -- not sure) style AFAIK; GT-R gets the trick LED lights.

LW.

Merli,

My 95 GTR has the painted SKYLINE panel,  my understanding is that all GTRS have the painted panel and series I gtst's had the clear with series II changing to painted.  I've personally never seen a GTR with the clear panel,  but I guess someone could change them easy as....

Cheers

Brett

my series1 GTR also has painted skyline panel, never seen a clear one on a gtr