SAU Community

98 Pump V E85 Pros And Cons For A Dd

Nismo 3.2ish

Having a Flex Fuel Sensor installed and tuned in with my RB30 /26 build just i case I want/need to use E85.

After reading a few old threads and different opinions about the E85 fuel and some problems if the fuel is getting old/stale

I was wondering if there are still problems with the E85 now or have they stabilized the fuel , maybe it is better now as they sell more of it and it and does not have time to go off?

Maybe mix it in with some Russian Vodka and all good :/

That extra money would have been better spent towards a variable inlet cam for response, seeing as that's your goal.

There's tonnes of info on here about e85. Using it as a daily is no concern. Ask your tuner why they suggested it? A smaller turbo with e85 would create the same peak power and more response, which was your goal in the first place. Just going to e85 will make more power. No better response

Thanks Ben

I feel pretty well set up with the 260 10.8 cams and the PT6262 turbo for street response with the 3.2 build, plus o/s valves and cleaning up the head.

I do not really think I will be using E85 as they do not sell it where I live but who knows, when I get down to the Big Smoke and be able to fill up with E85 and compare the difference, that could be fun:)

I am sure there are many ways to get better results for my $ but enough, done a shit load of hours checking stuff out, asked questions , some dumb like the one I am asking now I suppose .

I always remember what an old mate of mine said, there are NO dumb questions, only Dumb answers and I have done both :)

I thought that E85 did make better response and power from the moment you pushed the go peddle?????

you obviously have the normal issues, location of E85, as a DD you need to plan your route keeping in mind the locations of the fuel. also km range. i get about 400km to a tank on 98, and about 300km to a tank on E85 around town. so also the fuel range is less aswell. yes its cheaper but compared to 98 it works out the same price in the end. you just obviously get benifits from it, healthier for your motor so to speak, more power with a tad more reliability. alot of my mates dont want to change to E85 as there isnt alot of servos around that sell it. but if you plan your trips its nothing to worry about.... + it smells better than 98 ;)

I thought that E85 did make better response and power from the moment you pushed the go peddle?????

you obviously dont just put E85 in and expect it to have more power. obviously if you have a flex tune then yes your tuner will be able to use less boost and acheive the same power as 98.

for example i make 315kw @ 14psi on E85

where as i make 320kw @ 17psi on 98

so you can see there is a very big diffrence in what E85 can do for tuning :)

im all for it

Thanks Ben

I feel pretty well set up with the 260 10.8 cams and the PT6262 turbo for street response with the 3.2 build, plus o/s valves and cleaning up the head.

I do not really think I will be using E85 as they do not sell it where I live but who knows, when I get down to the Big Smoke and be able to fill up with E85 and compare the difference, that could be fun:)

I am sure there are many ways to get better results for my $ but enough, done a shit load of hours checking stuff out, asked questions , some dumb like the one I am asking now I suppose .

I always remember what an old mate of mine said, there are NO dumb questions, only Dumb answers and I have done both :)

PT6262 + 260 10.8 cams + 3.2L bottom end + e85 you will see some good power levels, with a good tune i recon you will see full boost by easy 5k and i recon you will make easy 400kw on about 20-22psi

is your turbo twin scroll?

why dont you run eflex, you can run 98 when ever you want and if you feel like putting in E85 you just do it :)

off topic sorry but.....who built your bottom end? fully forged? can you pm me some details or if your happy to share on here thats cool :)

Have those uni group cams been proven? Piggaz recently posted he saw a result where there wasn't enough valve spring pressure to keep everything happy, or maybe I'm confused....

I'm hanging to see your results. Will be an absolute monster and make a few jealous! Obviously something you will enjoy driving!