SAU Community

G T - R Magazine In Town --- Article On G T - R Popularity

GTR-N1

Well done Terry!

And yes, +11ty to Bob's idea of obtaining english copies & back issues too if possible :)

I'd be more than happy to pay for a yearly subscription if that's what it takes to secure English copies.

I've looked on Ebay (worldwide)....... Googled it and NOTHING! Can find an English copy anywhere.

Cheers.... Bob.

every single car was absolutely pristine!!! I felt slightly out of place amongst such royalty

12 of the nicest gtr's Ive ever seen!

This makes me think Liz, "What did Yamazakisan and Masudasan think of our cars?"

I would have loved to have eavesdropped on their conversations on their way back to Narita.

I guess we'll find out soon enough...

I've actually asked Todd and Kristian to locate for me, a Lizterry 'er a Kenmeri - lol

DATSUN.jpg

I wonder what Yamazakisan would think of that!

I had trouble explaining to him what my 1977 240K was!

Through two translators, it was still so difficult!

How did other people's interviews go?

• Like 1

I've actually asked Todd and Kristian to locate for me, a Lizterry 'er a Kenmeri - lol

DATSUN.jpg

I wonder what Yamazakisan would think of that!

I had trouble explaining to him what my 1977 240K was!

Through two translators, it was still so difficult!

How did other people's interviews go?

Hi Terry, I think Mr Yamazaki did understand what you mean, but obviously he wasn't really digging in that line, he was like "ok then, how/what about xxxxx", I think he was more interested in your relationship with R32,33,34,35 and ofc our SAU community. After we told him what you said he simply just moved on to next question and you were still evaluating your answer for the previous one and this happened to some other questions as well and that's where things were getting a bit difficult. I think what happened was your answers were way over Mr Yamazaki's expectation since most interviewee answered each question in less than 25 words.

Of course I'm not saying you did anything wrong Terry, I think you tried to explain everything in every detail possible and it was beyond what Mr Yamazaki needed due to the length limited for each interviewee and Mr Yamazaki was very happy about your answer he just didn't expect you'd talk in such details. BTW I think Mr Yamazaki's English is quite good he need two of us simply because I know a bit more about car stuff so anything related to tuning and car parts were translated by me, and sorry we are not professional interpreter so there might be some miscommunication in between.

For anyone else I don't think there was any big issue since most people were very shy and only answered questions in very simple way, such as "what is your car?" "R34 /R32 GTR vspec1/2/nur" "why you like it?" "it looks tough / I like the look of it" "Why you choose 34/32 out of 32-35?" "I can feel the car more and I can feel everything through the wheel and seats. /I like it's originality/history" and ect. You'd be surprised how similar people answered those question on the day and I think it was not a bad thing since it can give a very good understanding of how and why Australian GTR owners love their car and the differences compare to Japan side.

Hope this can help clear the things bit for you Terry, I noticed the miscommunication on the day and sorry I couldn't help you out.

You did indeed help out heaps Jun and thanks for that.

I think from my end, I couldn't read Yamazakisan's non verbal cues as much as I would have liked. That's the language barrier I suppose.

I could certainly see when he was thrilled though and I was most happy with that Jun.

Thanks again :)

Kinokuniya has the GT-R Magazine Issue #119 at the moment

Malaysia apparently reprints GT-R Magazines in English in abbreviated form - not official it seems.

Perhaps deongster can enlighten us in the future as part of his research - thanks in advance for that.

Well done Terry, Liz, Bueller and all involved.

Looks like an awesome collection there :)

Will also try and obtain a copy!

It's supposed to come out between December and February Chris.

• 2 weeks later...