SAU Community

Gearbox/Clutch Places

Anywhere in Brisbane that people can reccommend without me being ripped off (for being a female) to get the new clutch installed and get the gearbox fixed. I'm too affraid to drive it to gavins.. because it might break.

I will ring around tomorrow and I just want to get the new clutch put in (when i get it) and get the synchro changed in the box. We aren't millionaires or computer nerds.. So at this point in time this is all we can afford. I know most of you will say "Get the whole box fixed" but quite frankly, we will struggle to get this fixed.

Soo.. just opinions on where to take my car in brisbane to get it fixed.

Thanks in advance :D

But then.. wouldn't it be easier to do the clutch and gearbox at the same time? Save labour costs and stuff? I wish gavin would give me an account. It would be soo much easier :D

I'm seriously thinking of selling. Its just problem after problem.

The car has cost us up around $30000 now and there have been no mods done at all!

You need Squizz and Pete's mobile clutch services.

Available whenever they feel like a 7hr drive and payable only in beer. Not-fast, sort of reliable, crap service and swearing a guarantee!!!

As for the box, syncro's are over-rated :P

Originally posted by Squizz

You need Squizz and Pete's mobile clutch services.

Available whenever they feel like a 7hr drive and payable only in beer.  Not-fast, sort of reliable, crap service and swearing a guarantee!!!  

As for the box, syncro's are over-rated :P

Squizzter and Petester to the rescue :)

I love you guys :love:

I dont think you really know how much I appreciate this :uh-huh:

Get Squizz to do it!!! have seen their previous modifying projects (na/turbo 32) :lol:

Have heard that Direct Clutch are very good. mates of mine in Gladstone drove down to there to get their cars done there. I would've done the same when my clutch died, except i kinda welded the flywheel & clutch plate together. Interestingly i was able to still drive my car to the local shop this way. Just turned the key and the car lurched and then started. Could change up gear without clutch but not down. I did this very late at night so there was no traffic, cause i couldn't fully stop at intersections, just slow down and hope like hell there was nothing coming.

I know what you mean about selling. Allways thinking about getting rid of mine for something more sensible.

Know what you mean about driving with no clutch. Years ago I broke a clutch cable, had to drve to the bank, then to the spare parts dealer.

Cops in an unmarked police car pulled me over. Said I was driving erratically - er, well yes officer. They thought it may have been a stolen car, they were quite nice about it actually.

Then right in front of them, off I went jerking away in second gear by turning the ignition key LOL.

That amount is including 5000k's servicing and stuff as well.

Everyone has probably heard this all before but here goes again. The wire that goes from speedo to ecu was disconnected. So there for HICAS, abs and speed sensor weren't working. And we got the boost controller and boost gauge (the only "mods" we've done) that was around $1000. Then everytime I go in for a service.. they find something wrong so I have to go and get that fixed. Diff seal.. Changing the oils cost a fair wack to the pocket. Now the clutch and gear box. And also the odometer stopped.. Getting that fixed was a few hundred.

When you type it out here.. It doesn't look much. But we've owned it since the end of march.. I suppose you could say april and yeah. Just dont seem to be getting anywhere with anything. By the time we finish its going to be a bloody brand new car. AND STILL GOING TO BE SLOW!

Originally posted by NIZ30

Get Squizz to do it!!! have seen their previous modifying projects (na/turbo 32) :lol:

You now that thing did a 14.2 with no LSD :P Pretty scary under full noise changing 1/2 and 2/3 wiggled all over the place.

Yeah NismoGirl don't sell the car, if you've spent that much then there can't be too much left to go wrong with it. Unless you replace it with a brand new car you may end up in the exact same position with regards to the repairs.

It sounds like you got really unlucky, most Skylines do not have that many problems (though clutch/synchro's is common on ones ~7 years or older) but no matter what model of car you get there are always lemons (even Mercedes/BMW etc). At least once it's all fixed you'll know you'll have a good car even if it did cost you more than you thought it would.