SAU Community

Fly By Wire Throttle - 6 Throttle Rb26

Sub Boy32

2 minutes ago, burn4005 said:

@Stefan Etter Do you have any logs of commanded throttle position vs actual from an ECU, especially at low openings? I'm interested in the control response of this setup under high vacuum conditions specifically for stable idle control. the E46 M3 engine that had a similar setup used an idle control valve for fine airflow adjustment, but it appears there is no auxillary idle air control in this system.

main observations are linkage gain at low openings appear to be quite high (linkage is tangential to actuator arm at low openings) and significant shaft area due to the 6 throttles have a potential to introduce significant stiction. if you have calculated a linkage gain curve for the assembly that would be interesting to see.

Motor Pivot Lever length & angle was just temp for that video, Theres no need to show exactly how the main components are. Even now theres no need to show entirely how our parts look on the website, you know as well as i do theres always someone out there who just wants the fine details. ( Call me paranoid haha )

But rest assured the Length and angle of the motor pivot lever are perfectly setup for fine adjustment of the idle.

Contact me at [email protected] if you’d like some more details. Would happily do a video call to show you at some stage as well mate.

Have you seen the new Demo Video on youtube or out Facebook page?

Regards Stefan 

I understand where you're coming from regarding release of info. you've sunk a lot of time into the R&D of this and are correct to protect your IP as the value lies in the design rather than the fabrication.

don't mind me, I'm just a nosy engineer that has been burned before by the performance aftermarket so like to evaluate things myself.

Edited by burn4005

22 hours ago, burn4005 said:

I understand where you're coming from regarding release of info. you've sunk a lot of time into the R&D of this and are correct to protect your IP as the value lies in the design rather than the fabrication.

don't mind me, I'm just a nosy engineer that has been burned before by the performance aftermarket so like to evaluate things myself.

Glad you understand, I feel it’s always easy to show more than you really need to and have the info get into the hands of the wrong people ( Again me being paranoid haha ) but your absolutely right!

Oh its fine man, appreciate the questions and curiosity in our products from you. 

Yea i’ve seen it time & time again, poor quality, products come not as described, half the parts missing even though it supposed to be a “KIT”.... some manufactures don’t understand the word KIT i think. and i hate it because the end user is always the one who suffers. But hey i can’t change anyone else’s products so i will just make sure i do my job right and satisfy my customers which is  important to me & to deliver top quality products that function from the get go, with no head scratching involved! 

Like i said though, feel free to get in touch! Take Care 

Regards 
Stefan