SAU Community

R35 Fun Stuff Melbourne

MAD35

Hey guys, I am new to Melbourne after moving down from Sydney a while back and do not know any other R35 GTR owners in Melbourne.

I am keen to get out there both on the track and drag strip. How often do the drags run at Calder? Their event calendar on their website doesn't show any upcoming street meets.

What about track days? Phillip Island?, Sandown? When, who and how do you organise these?

Do any of you Melbourne guys ever meet up for events or even a strop out of Melbs?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Lance. Welcome

Some of the R35 guys that track are usually in attendance at all/most rounds of the SAU-Vic Championship:

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/452502-2015-motorsport-championship/

It will have all your track needs covered for the year without a doubt. Also the club runs lots of meets, cruises and all that jazz with quite a few R35 owners as members there.

So for motorsport - Join up to SAU-Vic (you need to get a CAMS license for PI/Sandown) and come along for some like minded fun and plenty of advice from those that have done it all before ;)

You could even bring your VF GTS if you wanted, one of the regular track attendee's has one and I usually punt around in my R8 at the moment - plenty decent spread of cars and people :D

There are also some drive days a few of us are looking at doing at some point too, such things usually discussed at track events and the like

• Like 1

Looks like you sorted yourself haha. Good-o.

Come down to Philip Island on the 8th (some of us are there on the 7th too). Should be at least 10 or more of us by the looks of it doing the round-roundy thing.

You going to enter as well?

Yep you need CAMS.

As you've signed up as SAU-Vic, you can now get CAMS... You'll need to email [email protected] .... Ask Anna nicely if she can hurry it along for you (or even email you your member and post the card out a week later), and then apply online @ CAMS website.

Should be able to sort it by next week if you get on it fast.

Then you have your CAMS cards, Club Membership card - and round and round you can go with us :D

You'll obviously need to meet the supp reg requirements too (fire ext, helmets blah blah). So have a read there.