SAU Community

Sau Vic Motorkhana #1 - 28th Feb 2015

ssxRicho

Strip your car of anything you don't need (glovebox contents/floor mats/subs etc from your boot) before you head down, this will save you time when you're getting ready in the morning before heading to scrutineering.

Generally the car won't get too hot or stressed on the day... you can tape up your handbrake if you really want, I've never done it and rarely had an issue... just creates more problems when you're actually trying to park the car :P

• Like 1

Both, tools to bring? Any tips or advice?

You using the 32R pictured? I didn't have the nerve to use the handbrake last time @Deca as I was using my road wheels with road tyres. This time around I'll stop being lazy and change them over.......well maybe.

Fun-most people hang it sideways every chance they get, bounce off the rev limiter, turn a spin out into a chance for a burn out etc. Everytime I go to a motorkhana I wish I had a RWD.

Fast-the faster ones keep things neat & tight.

Tools? Just what you'd normally bring to a track day although, if you discover you need something you didn't bring there'll most likely be someone there who can help out.

If you think you'll be changing tyres at some point, or your car has a recurring problem... bring your jack and tools... Otherwise, there will be someone else around with socket sets, screw drivers, etc in case something does need a tweak :)

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. I wish a had the GTR pictured but sadly these days I now have a girls car. Front wheel drive, if I do it all in reverse it might look like I'm doing a burnout. Not 100% confirmed yet as event was full, but hoping I get in as I've always wanted to do these events.

Are the courses easy to follow or something you have to try memorise prior to the event?

Also driving up on the road tyres and back on same set.. They are semi soft r spec though, hopefully I don't chew threw them in one session.

As stated never done this type of event. Cheers.

Edited by stevena

Tyre wear is all dependant how you're driving on a specific surface. This is tarmac, so it's a little rougher than we're used to with the smooth concrete skidpan up at DECA in shepparton... so I imagine tyre wear will be greater (also smokier :D)

Just keep an eye on it through the day and make sure you don't skid too much near the end if you are driving home on them.

• Like 1

Ok due to my shit memory I can't help out on the day.... and I'm spewing, this event looks like another awesome chapter in SAUVIC Motorkhana's!

But I have 2 questions....

1. What is the minimum age for entering this event?

2. Does SAU VIC do a Family membership, or would a 16yr old "L" plater need to get his own SAU VIC membership. (To get a CAMS license)

Cheers

lol Steve, I've always wanted to try skid pan in my excel.

Huy, ya reckon the excel would do ok? I have the elentra. It's a hate/love relationship. I hate the car as its a crappa, but the seats are so comfy and I don't care if it blows up cause it has new car warranty.

Huy, ya reckon the excel would do ok? I have the elentra. It's a hate/love relationship. I hate the car as its a crappa, but the seats are so comfy and I don't care if it blows up cause it has new car warranty.

Well, my excel is a twin cam, manual with lowered kings spring. Handles awesome, even overtook a ft86 in corners.

As tempted as I am, I'm working saturdays :-(

• Like 1

13 ELIGIBLE VEHICLES:

Cars participating in the event are required to comply with the relevant

NCRs as defined in General Requirements for Cars and Drivers, Schedules A and B of the

current CAMS Manual of Motor Sport, including the following requirements:-

Must be in a roadworthy and presentable condition If registered ;

I have road registered vehicle with semi slicks that will now fail a roadworthy cause of wintons track day yesterday but have plenty of tyre left for this event, I guess I will be knocked back for these tyres? Thought it would be perfect to use em up before I slap some new ones on. Anyone else use different tyres for the event that aren't road legal, using a road registered car? Short story....will I be able to use them?

Edited by stevena