SAU Community

ACT roll call!!

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, battery has been tested and leads have good connection. I thought maybe it was immobiliser for a while but there doesn't seem to be any pattern to the problem, other than it seems to happen more often if it hasn't been driven for 4-5+ hours.

jnr_j,

To me it sounds like a dodgy contact on the starter or in the starter. More than likely it'll be a bad contact on the main starter leads, or in the solinoid itself.

I would suggest that you take the starter off, pull it to bits (I've done this to mine and it's easy), give it all a good clean and put it back together.

Took me about an hour to do all this.

Mine was over running (not disengaging when the motor had started), and cleaning it fixed it up perfectly :)

J

When i turn the key and nothing happens i can hear a click. Its not very loud but i guess it's the solenoid, sounds close to the dash. So maybe the problem is with the circuit feeding the starter power rather than the solenoid open/close circuit. When i turn the key the dash lights remain on but the clock display and acc power fade out. Is this the norm?

The "experts" seemed to think it must be a connection somewhere rather than the starter itself being screwed, just because when it finally goes it has no trouble, but didn't make much progress looking into it because they couldn't see it happen.

I might try Jay's suggestion of pulling the thing out. Here's hoping that makes a difference.

John

jnr_j - that click you hear might be coming from the solinoid. Get someone to stick their head under the bonnet next time it's doing it. If the starter is clicking but not starting the car, then that's your problem. It's a common problem in heaps of cars.

J

Originally posted by Obseshn

If there's someon on here with a white R33 with no rear wing, chopped springs, and lives in Gordon area, or was visiting that area Friday night...your a moron, i'm sorry, but really, you give a bad name to Skyline drivers. Tailgating, overtaking down and inside on an emergency breakdown lane, and just generally driving like an idiot.

Okay, i'm done now.

heh...saw a wingless white R33 in Mitchell, lowered...HAD to be the same guy :( He hammered it down the road, went tru the red light at the end, and had the car sideways up the hill...

Yeah, probably the same one :(

Why are there so many people who think public roads are their race track? There's a time and a place for driving your car hard, and a public road is not it.

Hopefully he/she calms down before they do some major harm to themselves, someone else, the car, or property.

Anyway, on a brighter note, i'm slowly working things out with my car. But, i've heard alot lately about 33's not able to be complianced yet? I don't know what the go is there, might fire Prestige an email and get him to fill me in.

Just got to talk to the bank, and offload my car. I think my mum/sister want to keep it...so that's cool, at least i know it'll be safe and i can see it still :(

Originally posted by Obseshn

Yeah, probably the same one :D

Why are there so many people who think public roads are their race track? There's a time and a place for driving your car hard, and a public road is not it.

Hopefully he/she calms down before they do some major harm to themselves, someone else, the car, or property.

Anyway, on a brighter note, i'm slowly working things out with my car. But, i've heard alot lately about 33's not able to be complianced yet? I don't know what the go is there, might fire Prestige an email and get him to fill me in.

Just got to talk to the bank, and offload my car. I think my mum/sister want to keep it...so that's cool, at least i know it'll be safe and i can see it still :)

Joe from Skyline Performance was telling me that they were going to be able to start importing again about a month after the SEVS came in. He also mainly deals with R33's, so u might be in luck Obseshn:D

there are a couple of RAWS workshops listed on the gov site...both in QLD though...but I'm sure it won't be long before more are up and running.

but the point is, as long as there at least one, you'll be ok :P

I got my car complianced in QLD.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, Goran is only a member of Shogun and they cruz with us Elite guyz occasionally. His friend Luch has a similar powered TT Supra - both R outstanding! On a similar note...does anyone know the other burgundy R32 GTR going around with a few stickers and a big alloy t-wing?