SAU Community

Vdc Yaw Sensor

Lakes101

Has anyone else put a switch to cut the signal to the ecu from the yaw sensor/ VDC? I follow a how to from my350z.com and it seems to of worked a treat at cutting out all electronic traction assistance on my M35.

As far as I know, there is no traction, nor stability control on NM/PNM35s.

You have the awd system, which actively shifts torque front and rear, but there is no individual wheel interaction besides the abs system.

Pm35 models (rwd) have traction control only.

So... What did you cut?

What I did was install a switch between the ground line to the yaw sensor/ g sensor. After doing this it feels as the car is rear wheel drive and when it brakes traction the Ecuador des not retard the engine and drop the revs to regain traction you can just keep lighting the tyres up. When the switch is on the 4wd and abs lights come on but abs is still working. Look up 350z VDC off and g35x turn off VDC. Same principleas ours http://my350z.com/forum/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction-diy/505135-diy-disabling-vdc.html our VDC looks like this in this pic.

post-114824-14225670008913_thumb.jpg

Yeah it seems to be. But it also didn't seem to drop the revs when traction is lost. As in when I plant it from a stand still up my hill it looses traction then revs drop till it is regained. After disabling the g sensor via a switch I can just keep the tyres spinning all the way up the hill.

Your right that it defiantly isn't the same as in the 350z and v35 but still some benefit from adding the switch:)

At a guess, it drops rev because the starts sending torque to the front, and starts to create more grip. Now you have just made a rwd. Dunno if it's safe for the awd system or not.

Just for any pnm35 owners looking, all you have to do to make yours rwd safely is remove the fuse in the drivers kick panel.

• Like 1

I looked into this with my Nissan mech mate, seems there are two Attessa computers at least, one of which probably has some traction/stability control. His is an ARX, mine a base model RS and they are different part numbers.

I know Craigs ARX never had traction, or stability control. :P

At a guess, it drops rev because the starts sending torque to the front, and starts to create more grip. Now you have just made a rwd. Dunno if it's safe for the awd system or not.

Just for any pnm35 owners looking, all you have to do to make yours rwd safely is remove the fuse in the drivers kick panel.

well been driving with it switched off in red mode for the past few days. Seems to be no issues with the Atessa system as it will re engage with no issues when switched off and restarted. So so far seems to be a simple way to alter between awd and RWD ;)

That's good.

But what I really meant was there maybe pressure causing damage to the transfer case. I know there is some difference between the systems in the r32 and the 33/34 which means you can flick a switch in the 32, but in later models you can install a switch, but it causes damage to the transfer.

I don't know enough about the clutch packs and pressure to tell you exactly the issue, but I know some cars are effected. Just want to make you aware of it.