SAU Community

Hail! Friggin Mess...

GTR-N1

Acutally good news this repairer has given me a rough qoute of no more then 5k. The other one quoted me 7600???

Who have you had quotes by Adrian?

One was j and r smash in st marys. That was 7600. And this one was by merv shipp. But the dent company was called like power dent or something there on russel st emu

• Like 1

Is Smart Repair being swamped by Faulconbridge and Springwood cars Adrian? NRMA has been using two local hail assessment centres; one at Emu Plains and the other at Lawson. We went to Lawson.

Yeah terry they have. And they mainly do nrma work. So thats probably the nrma assessment centre they told you to go too. Their based on the central coast and they just follow hail storms and open up factory units to do all the insurance work then once its all done they move on somewhere else. Like a travelling circus lol

Yes that's what they do! Lol. The Lawson crowd come from Wollongong whilst yes, the Emu Plains fellahs come from Central Coast.

I wonder what percentage of people upon receiving their cars back, only look at the paintwork and smoothness of the panels - but not the mouldings??!

Well they have quote for me to get new mouldings around the side windows so i will be checking that. I just cant get over the diffetence in price. Its almost halved

Got a call from my repairer today, at $5000 in repairs; it appears that the $4000 Mazda may have sung it's last hurrah.

Will wait until Shannon's get in touch and see what their view on retention/re-registration of the wreck is. It is only a write-off on monetary value; not on structural damage.

I'm hopeful that they would pay out, and allow us to retain the wreck (with/without a fee) and not make the car a statutory write off, which means I don't have to find a new car for the missus immediately.
Not fussed if it can no longer have comprehensive insurance.

I realise this; it would be a shame for a perfectly safe, driveable car to be scrapped because the roof has a couple of dents.

Just because they don't want to repair it doesn't make the car a statutory write off

I guess we'll see when the Shannon's assessor looks at it tomorrow.

Really don't want to have to buy a new car next week.

Edit; http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/roads/registration/get-nsw-registration/written-off-vehicles-assessment-guide.pdf

Relevant info; Page 30.

post-61153-0-28641400-1427343336_thumb.png

Hail damaged vehicles are treated differently to accident damaged vehicle.

That is intersting well hopefully it all works out well with shannons. And yeah car shoppings not fun. Especially when its out of necessary

That is intersting well hopefully it all works out well with shannons. And yeah car shoppings not fun. Especially when its out of necessary

Yeah, I guess we'll see tomorrow, but all my dealings with them thus far have been pretty hassle free and accommodating.

We're going to upgrade, but I'd rather do it in my own timeframe.

The car is worth peanuts as a trade really, so it just pushes the process forward.

What car you looking to update for dale? Let me know if theres anythin in particular your after and ill see if i have anything in stock

• Like 1

What car you looking to update for dale? Let me know if theres anythin in particular your after and ill see if i have anything in stock

Sounds like we might be better off having a proper chat once we know which way we're going Adrian.

I know my Missus likes the XT Forester around 2007ish, and I might be able to get her in a Mazda 3, but I'm not sure what we'll be looking to spend ATM.

Sounds like we might be better off having a proper chat once we know which way we're going Adrian.

I know my Missus likes the XT Forester around 2007ish, and I might be able to get her in a Mazda 3, but I'm not sure what we'll be looking to spend ATM.

yeah mate of course but if you do decide to go down that path i would be more then happy to try to help out mate :)

Ok, met the assessor today; the car is confirmed as a total loss.

Insured value is $3860, repairs were a minimum of $5000.

Interesting information;

​The car will not be de-registered, and we'll be getting a buy back figure from Shannon's fairly shortly.
If it is less than $500; I'll buy it back and keep driving it, while we look for something to replace it with.
Once our claim is settled; the car will no longer qualify for Full Comp insurance with Shannon's

Cars over 15 years old DO NOT go on the WOVR.
Cars over 15 years old are not declared as Hail Damaged to RMS

They basically couldn't care less about cars over 15 years old; which is good news as our favourite cars get on in age.

If it was younger than 15 years, it would be on the WOVR, and listed as a hail damaged vehicle.
It would be de-registered.
As far as I can ascertain; it would not qualify to be re-registered.

I know a lady who is down on her luck atm, so when you're ready to buy a new one and if the Mazda Dale/Michelle is still in your hands...

I might donate it...

• Like 2

Ok, met the assessor today; the car is confirmed as a total loss.

Insured value is $3860, repairs were a minimum of $5000.

Interesting information;

​The car will not be de-registered, and we'll be getting a buy back figure from Shannon's fairly shortly.

If it is less than $500; I'll buy it back and keep driving it, while we look for something to replace it with.

Once our claim is settled; the car will no longer qualify for Full Comp insurance with Shannon's

Cars over 15 years old DO NOT go on the WOVR.

Cars over 15 years old are not declared as Hail Damaged to RMS

They basically couldn't care less about cars over 15 years old; which is good news as our favourite cars get on in age.

If it was younger than 15 years, it would be on the WOVR, and listed as a hail damaged vehicle.

It would be de-registered.

As far as I can ascertain; it would not qualify to be re-registered.

some good info there. That means once mine gets repaired it wont be listed as hail damage due to mine being a 95? Hmmm very interesting

Edit: heard from the second panel beater and final quote came to around 5100. My agreed value of the car is 11k so by those figures i should be in the clear :)

Edited by cav33r

• Latest Posts

• We don't take kindly to your type around these parts! You best skedaddle on out of here. 
    • Hi! When it comes to learning more about your vehicle, checking car window sticker can be quite informative. You'll find details about its specifications, features, and original equipment. It's a useful resource for understanding your car better. Hope this info helps!
    • Hey there! If you're curious about your vehicle's specifications and features, checking car window sticker might provide the details you're looking for. It's a handy way to get insights into your car's original equipment and options. Hope this helps!
    • Hello! If you're interested in getting a comprehensive overview of your vehicle's specifications, features, and original options, checking car window sticker is a great idea. It's a convenient way to access detailed information about your car. Hope this helps!
    • Hey! Want to delve into the specifics of your vehicle's specifications and features? Checking car window sticker is the way to go. You'll get a clear breakdown of its original equipment and options, giving you a better understanding of your car. Hope this suggestion helps!