SAU Community

Hail! Friggin Mess...

GTR-N1

So repairs have been approved the car is booked in on the 4th of may so im a happy camper now :) now to see if they will roll my front guards while their there lol

hahaa...

The Mazda 2 with $9K damage will have it's roof replaced.

Is this car worth keeping afterwards?

I suppose it depends on how it's performed but have you heard of pros and cons?

hahaa...

The Mazda 2 with $9K damage will have it's roof replaced.

Is this car worth keeping afterwards?

I suppose it depends on how it's performed but have you heard of pros and cons?

Terry, when Shell's car got hit a few years ago; LMSR replaced the entire RHS of the car.

Both doors, B pillar, cant rail, sill panel, rear quarter/C pillar new rhsr strut, hub and rim.

There was nothing on the entire side of the car.

Every panel Bill removed, the straighter the shell became. Set up on their table the shell was perfect.

Rebuilt, they reckoned that it was better than it was brand new.

12 months later; I'd defy anyone to pick the repairs.

More than 6 years down the track we haven't had a single issue with the repairs or even with the way the car wheel aligns.

Done right; it will be perfect.

• Like 1

"Done right" being the key words.....

There's the expectation that you would only be utilising a trusted repairer for a job like this.

I'd no more trust a dodgy panel repairer, than I would a dodgy mechanic with any of my cars.

Over the years I've cultivated a healthy relationship with my repairer, and that's why I had no hesitation with them undertaking such an extensive repair.

Shell was very doubtful that they could repair it completely, so he invited Shell & I down to see the car when it was completely stripped of the damaged structure.

He then hung all the structural members on the shell in front of her to demonstrate how straight the body was.

Picked up Volvo XC60 this arvo.

Undamaged paint: tick

All dents gone: tick

New tailgate light lens: tick

Aluminium mouldings: tick

Rubber momouldings: I rejected a front roof moulding. It has two dents and the edge is lifting. Rephotographed and reported to the insurance company.

Other: Offside blinker didn't work and offside rear parking light didn't work. It was just a detached loom.

At least the most critical parts have been done well; the rest, while a bit disappointing, isn't the end of the world.

Hope the get the finer details sorted quickly Tez.

When does the Mazda go in?

• Latest Posts

• Inside and outside ESCON Field in Sapporo in Hokkaido
    • Gday gents, been having a issue for a little while now and have come for some advice. car is a r34 gt-four (awd na sedan), when taking tight corners such as car parks and roundabouts feels as if the diff is locked on both ends, have literally snapped 3 shafts and issues doing my head in. Car has 60k klm so mechanical failure in the diff is unlikely but possible, been to 2 very reputable shops near where I live and both have had no luck. What would be my process of trying to find the cause? not too interested in pulling apart transfer cases just to find nothing, have these cars come out with electronic BS that might cause this? not too mechanically inclined so any information will probably be passed on an expert thanks in advance 
    • I realise that perhaps no one will in Japan will see this, but why not try anyway. What are you driving in Japan? I have a (sniff (;_;) ) 2018 Toyota Corolla Sports 1.2L Turbo 6MT. It has a class trailing 116PS and 190Nm power/torque... 😐 Why? Because back in 2018 there was only 1(?) manual transmission car available from Toyota which was the 86 (not including the Mark X GRMN 2015/2019), so when they released this one I had to support them by getting one in the hope that they would continue to release more manual models. As it turns out they released the Supra, Yaris, and GR Corolla all with manual transmissons after that. Mods are RSR Ti2000 Down springs, HKS panel filter, 18x8.5" Weds Sports SA-20R Face F with 215/40R18 Toyota Proxes Sport tyres. Eventually a full exhaust, boost controller sub-con, Blitz turbocharger and aero parts will be added before it gets replaced... 
    • It looks proper factory fitted. It's exactly how I would do it. Well done 👍