SAU Community

Rb26 Rod Strength Settled!

This sounds like a half decent idea. Isnt 100% replicating whats going on in the engine. But if we can get the rods in the EXACT same positions, and see which bends first. We will have a rough idea..

It's not the direct downward pressure that kills the rods. Remember ignition is before tdc. So rod is on a slight angle. Also the other problem is pushing and pulling on the big end and little end. The big end normally lets go via the rod bolts.

Lol 'RB26 rod strength settled', mine let go at 263rwkw, do I win? Does that settle it? Of course not, every engine is different and run under different conditions with different fuels and oils for different periods of time.

So what you're really going to settle is what YOUR rod strength is, and the mental image of that is you lifting weights with your old fella.

• Like 1

"settled"... I came here expecting a crack pot theory or at the very least photo's of bent 2JZ rods or something... But didn't even get that. I'm much disappoint.

It'll never be, settled. Have a look at the dyno thread and work it out yourself.

Thread closed as all your posts OP, are just rubbishing on.

Better still lets start a how long is a piece of string, thread.......

That made me LOL'd, so so true.

• Like 1