SAU Community

A Couple Little Electrical Problems?

JoshyT

Hi Guys,

I only picked up my R33 sedan a few days ago, i have found a few little problems that ill look into fixing or getting fixed (almost no mechanical experise at all) but the most recent one has me scratching my head.

if i pull the left stalk for windscreen washer, the wipers move but i get no water. If i twist the end of the stalk, i get water on the front windscreen and the rear wiper moves. Im fairly sure something is crossed up somewhere, i'm not sure exactly where (hence why i'm here), i will have to have some of the dash out soon to fix the clicking vent changer, put in a speedo corrector and put in a stereo, i'm wondering if anyone else had heard of this?

Thanks for your help!

Joshua.

if you are getting the wrong water from the wrong switch find the washer bottle under the bonnet. There will be two little motors with the plastic lines coming off them....just swap the 2 plastic lines around and that will be sorted. Even if it is electrical (unlikely) it doesn't matter.

The one that doesn't work is almost certainly just because the squirter nozzles are blocked. If you can't clear it at the squirter nozzle go back to the washer bottle and start there....pull off the hose, get someone to hit the switch....you will either get water out (proving you have a blocked line somewhere) or nothing which says the washer motor is dead.

• Like 1

The lines might be on back to front for your washer bottle motors. If you go to the washer bottle and see where the plugs are, make sure they are going into the correct socket. White plug and socket, green plug and socket. The lines attaching to the washer bottle motors, which are located on the underside of the bottle are also marked on the line with white and green colours to indicate which line goes to what motor.

Check that this is all good and if you still have a problem then you might have a blockage at the jets or one of the motors could be stuffed.