SAU Community

New To Sau! Need Help!

Ogun Dullak

Hey, I recently bought a Skyline R33 S1, one problem. The speedo reads DOUBLE my actual speed, so when I'm travelling at 40km/h, it shows 80km/h on the speedometer. I've got a Jaycar speedo corrector kit but don't know how to install it, any help?

Edited by Ogun Dullak

+100% i.e. double the actuals. That's way out there.

I'd be looking at the Speed Sensor.

I would think the correctors would be good if your rim and tyre size was greater/smaller and there was like 5%-20% but your talking 100%.

Does the 33 have 2 different model clusters like the 32's? If they do that could also be throwing it way out.

Edited by Sinista32

So after a bit of research there seems to be a Series 1 and Series 2 Speed Sensor/drive. Both fit :blink:

(There also appears to be Auto and a Manual obviously)

Suggest your cluster maybe out of a series 2 (besides being wound back 200k KM's :O )

Hopefully ^ this info helps

• Like 1

Thanks for the info and help guys! Looks like I'll be spending a couple of hundred dollars to fix this problem! Took it down to an auto electrician in Maryong and got quoted $380..

Seriously, before you spend any money, ask the lads in the Maintenance or General section, theres not many problems they haven't seen before.

Welcome to SAU!,

I have definitely read a thread about this exact issue. do a thorough search and you will find some info i am sure.

use google to search and add SAU in the search criteria for better results than the inbuilt search function.