SAU Community

Id1300s/ Short Injectors To Neo Manifold.

Huzqld

Hi, got some id1300s for my neo, but am having trouble getting them to fit. See pic (Plug base fouls on the manifold).

I was going to just grind a bit off the manifold but too much needs to be taken out.

Has anyone fit these type of injectors to a normal rb25 or rb25neo manifold.

On my old injectors the plug was more to the top.

post-78438-0-49129300-1442307488_thumb.jpg

They need spacers. These are pretty readily available. Those look like they are just the injector on its own. Pretty sure they need the smallest of the spacers, but top feed injectors in stock manifolds arent my forte

Scotty on here should be able to help you out. He will probably show up in this thread sooner or later

This is from a quick google search, bottom of the page. Click here

Edited by 89CAL

Cheers mate,

I have the height adapters for them to make them full length but they and most spacers go on the top of the injector?

Which doesn't help with the issue I'm having

Spoke to Scotty today, i may have to get him to make some spacers to go under the injector if i cant find anything else

Edited by Huzqld

Hmmmm I thought they made them for the bottom of the injector as well. But I may be wrong. They definently look shorter then my 1000cc's

I had a page with the pics of all the adapters etc attatched but cant find it. I may be talking complete rubbish though, Scott would know better then me

Thanks Scotty that would be great. Since I've organised the tuner for Friday it's all turned into a bit of a rush.. So I need to have them ordered early today.

If you've got one you can get hold of to check that would be awesome.

If I can't sort the top spacers out today I'll just space the rail up and sort that out after the tune

Thanks Scotty that would be great. Since I've organised the tuner for Friday it's all turned into a bit of a rush.. So I need to have them ordered early today.

If you've got one you can get hold of to check that would be awesome.

If I can't sort the top spacers out today I'll just space the rail up and sort that out after the tune

I just had the wholesaler flow test a 1650 shorty and you may have a problem with that idea. With that lower extension on the cone sprays out wide enough to hit the edge. It would have to be modified with a 45 degree chamfer, but this leaves the raw alloy exposed to the ethanol which is not a great long term option. It may get you by until you find a better solution though. Let me know if you want me to sort something out for you, I can probably make something up today and send the top and modified bottom extensions express.

Hey Scotty

I spoke to efi hardware, they have some adapters they Say won't affect the spray pattern, (they said the others do like you said)

and then I just run half height extensions on the top to make them full length

So hopefully that will work

*sorry short extensions on top

Edited by Huzqld

Hey Scotty

I spoke to efi hardware, they have some adapters they Say won't affect the spray pattern, (they said the others do like you said)

and then I just run half height extensions on the top to make them full length

So hopefully that will work

*sorry short extensions on top

You don't want full height, you need 3/4 height for the neo.

Man, this is getting crazy, an adapter on each end, full length, the injectors will move around too much for my liking... You really don't want them popping out while driving, they need to be firm so make sure you keep the rail height down to minimum.