SAU Community

Help, Code 46, Neo Swapped R32.

amnash

trying to get the check engine light off in my r32. first off, the car runs fine, did a neo swap on my r32 and obviously didnt install the traction control system. I had originally bought a stagea ecu to avoid the code(stagea=no traction control) but i now have a mines r34 GTT ecu and the code is back. Basically i need to know how to trick the ecu in thinking the traction control is working.

its code 46:Throttle motor Sensor signal circuit.

theres four wires to the ecu that didnt get hooked up during the swap.

Pin 51: Throttle motor Sensor Signal

Pin53: Motor throttle switch

Pin 37: throttle opening Signal

Pin 79: ECM-TCM, TCS/ABS Integrated Control Signal(multiplex communication)

can i connect two of these four wires? add a resistor somewhere? ground a wire? a big concern is frying my mines ecu so i dont want to just ground a wire and see what happens.. any ideas??

20151020_152047_zpsgqhkmhxo.jpg

post-96695-0-40781500-1445382406_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

mate, im looking for exactly the same info for my neo into 260z swap, have also removed the TCS/ABS during the conversion and the CEL (code 44 and 46) which the ECU throws from not having the circuits connected keeps putting the engine into limp mode which is a HUGE pita..

Unfortunately if we had the control boxes etc wired up this would be an easy fix as you would just just need wire the "TCS on/off" switch to ground which would put it permanently off and not throw a CEL..but from the pic it looks like we are both in the same boat...

To share the path ill be going down, iv gone through the circuits for the r34 TCS/ABS system and also the expected voltages seen from the ECU, going off your pic, these are all ECU expected values while the car is running:
79 - Multiples Comms is a varying signal but averages 2v.
53 - Motor Throttle Switch signal remains at 4.7v (while the TCS system is off)
51 - Throttle Motor Sensor 3.4v (while the TCS system is off)
37 - Throttle opening sensor (i think this might be an output from the ECU to the TCU computer), this is the same values as your pedal TPS on pin 23.

I guess the best bet will be finding resistors which drop a 12v supply to roughly these values to trick the ECU..

From what i understand the only two which will cause issues (ie what the ECU checks for) are the multiplex signal and the Throttle Motor Sensor (ie pin 79 and 51) i would assume the others dont make any difference and can be cut back..

let me know if you find anything out and we can work this out together haha

• 3 weeks later...

Hi dudes I have the same engine (RB25det neo), from a rear wheel series 2 stagea which I have dropped into my gq patrol,

Same deal as you, it has traction controls and abs as standard and I'm not using either of them, just the ecu!

I'm about 90 percent done with the conversion and have the motor running nice but the ecu is throwing fault code 44 which is related to pin79 being not connected like yours,

Engine is not throwing code 46 anymore, to achieve this I have done the "secret squirrel tweak" to pin 51 which involves taking a power sorce of around 5.15 volts from pin 48 (throttle position sensor power) and running it through a series of diodes to drop it to the desired voltage, then connect it directly into pin 51. I had to run 5 diodes inline to reach the voltage it needed to see (approx 3.4v).

So I'm basically going to do the same with the multiplex communication line (pin 79, code 44) to erase that code aswell as I know this actually works. I'll probably take the 3.4 volts from pin 51 and diode it down to 2.0v (what it wants to see)

Hope this helps ^.^

• 1 month later...

Just an update. I went with a stagea ecu they didn't have traction control so the codes are now gone. Just had Nistune board installed too but still factory tune for now.