SAU Community

R34 Gt-t Recommended Spark Plugs & Leads

MikeR34GTT

I'm after a set of plugs for the RB25DE Neo. Spent some time searching the forums, and there seems to be no consensus. Some people reckon BCPR6ES is fine, others say it's no good and that it would be better to go with BKR5EIX or PFR5G. Ordinarily I would get the iridium since that's what the manufacturer recommends but copper is like three times cheaper. The copper option is BKR5E, not BCPR6ES.

Edited by Wordsmith

I took the mesh off my old AFM (on my R31) when I was cleaning it. Sprayed some contact cleaner, was wiping the area around it with a cloth and accidentally touched a wire.

Boom, broken, time to buy another AFM.

tl;dr don't remove the mesh, spray and let it dry.

So finally got around to doing my plugs, finished around an hour ago and first start up was fine, on the second, BAM, engine light came straight on and felt like I was running roughly, like running on 5 cylinders. Did this for the first time BEFORE I replaced the plugs.

Put everything together in order and gapped all my plugs to .08mm as per all the advice I'd been given.

What do you guys reckon, gotta be the coils?

I'm after a set of plugs for the RB25DE Neo. Spent some time searching the forums, and there seems to be no consensus. Some people reckon BCPR6ES is fine, others say it's no good and that it would be better to go with BKR5EIX or PFR5G. Ordinarily I would get the iridium since that's what the manufacturer recommends but copper is like three times cheaper. The copper option is BKR5E, not BCPR6ES.

To give you an idea, I've only ever put BCPR6ES in my R31 (RB30E standard with a GTS1 cam). No issues, did good mileage, even made 109rwkW :P.

Iridium/platnium I wouldn't bother unless you really hate doing plugs or they're a massive pain to change (Skylines are easy).