SAU Community

Brake Pads For V35 Skyline

Bendix pads don't squeal, in fact no pads squeal. It always comes down to installation (cleanness, anti-squeal shims, copper grease, chamfer pads, bedding in pad and disc)

But you can change to something else if you like

Sorry, I was a bit short in the first response but we get a surprising number of threads which say pad XYZ is crap because it squeals (not that you said that). Obviously no manufacturer releases a pad that squeals because they'd never sell the second set....

So basically, if you have a look around this section there are a lot more detailed suggestions, but basically brake squeal is caused by a high frequency vibration in the system somewhere, most often because something is not clean or flat.....top of the caliper's piston, missing or bent anti squeal shims, sliding pins not greased properly, pad not flat particularly on the leading edge for the rotor, rotor not sitting flat on the hub due to dust or rust

BTW if a workshop did the pads take it back for them to fix it, it can be time consuming and frustrating to chase an issue like this.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Hi i do buy a aftermarket headlight on ebay. For v35 skyline coupe. I know that its a plug and play and just use the old low beam light and balast from old headlight. But my problem is i dnt have knowlage on car and electrical thing. And the head light getnon ebay is the wire for halo ring light is not connected. I talk to the seller and he said that. What white and black wire for halo robg light is need to connect to RDL. Running day light. Anyone here can tell me how to connect it to Rdl? Which wire is yhe RDL?
    • Hey Kaz, Unfortunately I am not at home currently and wont be for a few more months so I do not have access to my files or CAD. And at this point I prefer to keep the files to myself as I want to potentially make a few more pairs and see if they will sell within the EU before openly marketing them. But the way it's shaped and how small it is, I don't think you can fit both an indicator and a fog light onto the same surround, unless they were very small LED-type clusters.
    • I’ve just installed a Uniclutch sport into my R32. I’ve been blown away by it… it drives like a stock Toyota Corolla. It doesn’t make sense to me that a performance clutch can drive this well. I was about to pull the trigger on a Nismo Coppermix twin plate when I discovered the Uniclutch and decided to give that a shot instead. They’ve changed the game and I couldn’t be happier.    I was previously using an Extreme cushioned button clutch with lightened flywheel. I’m still using the same lightened flywheel with the Uniclutch.
    • Mmmm no, that's a white series 2 R33 GTS-t
    • Oh and.... "no bubble on the dash" ---> immediate no mod status.