SAU Community

Weird Beeping Sound

hi, just wondering if anyone could help....lately i've noticed that when i turn my ignition on i can hear some sort of beeping sound coming from somewhere underneath the drivers side, near the steering column. The sound is really faint and hard to hear and ive noticed that sometimes it goes away as im driving.

anyone ever heard this before?

BTW: its and r33 s2

:P

Guest RedLineGTR

Stick you head under there and have a look or take the bottom off from under the steering wheel etc...it could be a alarm sensor or something like that.

i tried sticking my head underneath their but i couldnt see or get close enough to see where the sound was coming from. I dont think that the sound is a bad sign of anything its just annoying...

i tried sticking my head underneath their but i couldnt see or get close enough to see where the sound was coming from

maybe try sticking your head under when your not sitting in the seat.

:headspin: :headspin: :headspin: :headspin: :headspin:

a 17 year old with an R33 Series 2 Skyline? Hey mate, me too! :P  

do you have an alarm in it?

hoons

anyway, i heard a strange beeping noise in my 33 when i first got it and it turned out to be a turbo timer jammed way up in the dash.

-rb25

yer ive got a HKS turbo timer but i installed it so i doubt i have another one hiding somewhere lol...and i checked to see if it was that but it wasn't...plus the beeping off the turbo timer is loud compared to the sound im hearing...maybe its best if i get an auto elec to have a quick look at it

btw thanx for all the replies :P

U sure its comming from there. Might be an aftermarket fuel pump beeping.

Yer its coming from under the dash somewhere near the steering shaft. If u sit in the passenger seat its practically impossible to hear it