SAU Community

Inlet manifold question for +t

Hi, I've been reading up on +t conversions here and elsewhere for quite a while now but I've got a question that I haven't had an answer to yet.

On a stock DET manifold the turbo coolant returns into a nipple on the back of the inlet manifold. It's at the end of that ridged casting that runs the length of the manifold against the block just above the ports. At the other end of that ridged casting at the front of the engine there's a nipple which runs up to the bleeder. DET NEOs also have a nipple in the middle too I think for a rear bleeder. So ... is that ridged casting a straight through water channel that runs the length of the inlet manifold? My DE NEO doesn't have the rear turbo return nipple but I'm thinking that I could tee the return into that nipple at the front end of the ridged casting. Then I think I can tee the turbo coolant feed from next to the thermostat which is just beneath it. That way I'd have the necessary thermal syphoning. That's the theory anyway - be great if someone knows the answer to that question.

Thanks.