SAU Community

Z32 vs BNR32 Coilovers Length

My project car is an AWD S14 with full front BNR32 suspension including shock towers. It currently sits on a set of KTS coilovers for a Z32. On the lowest setting, my front ride height is an inch higher than where I would like it (3 finger gap). I can sag the spring lower to get it where I want it, but the car will basically be sitting on the bump stop bushings by the looks of it.

This made me wonder if the R32 GTR coilovers have a shorter shock tube or not before I go buy a set. Has any one here noticed a shock length difference between z32 and r32 GTR front coilovers?

Thanks!

z32 & bnr32 coilovers are interchangeable, I'm running gtr ones in my z32 now, & don't believe there's any difference in shock length.

Probably more related to the individual brand of coilover, do the kts have base adjustment or just spring perch?
My bnr32 hks's only have spring perch but I'm still just under 2 finger gap.

The KTS coils on my car can be adjusted at the mount base and the spring perch. The base is set all the way down to its lowest and the spring is barely preloaded at full extension to prevent loose spring clunks.

You may be right in that different brands may have different shock tube lengths and travel. I wish there were measurement data sheets to all these coilovers so I can purchase something else without the gambling risk of buying blindly.