SAU Community

Faking signals to ECU pins to fix check engine light

Faking signals to ECU pins to fix check engine light

I've done a turbo conversion and I'm now using a GTT ECU on my GT loom. I don't have the boost sensor or TCS so I get the check engine light. I've read about the way people use diodes/resistors to fake a signal to the correct ECU pins (e.g. secret squirrel trick). But how do you put a wire onto an ECU pin when there's no female connector in the ECU harness - just an empty hole?

I think this is a job best performed by a qualified auto electrician. You will only end up frying your ECU if you get it slightly wrong. Is there any reason you cant run a GTT loom now? Surely there must be a wreck somewhere you can get one from

Thanks guys. I didn't phrase my original question very well sorry. I've got working experience in electronics to tackle this myself but just wondered whether everyone gets the pins off an old loom or buys them new somewhere or what? It's been running the GTT standard ECU for over 1000 Km now with timing retarded, GTT injectors, big FMIC and our cold UK winter temperatures :-). A piggyback might be on the cards later and then I'd probably have that done using the GT ECU I still have to avoid all this hassle with error codes but for now just want to trick the GTT ECU as some guys have done with their NEO engine swaps, PFCs etc.

• Like 1

Nistune is a daughterboard that goes INSIDE the ECU, replacing the original EEPROM, making your ECU completely programmable and possible for you to beat all these DTC codes without having to resort to brutish hardwiring fixes.

I believe these are the pins that the newer (white) nissan ECU connectors use. But you could just depin some unused wires on your GTT loom and use the pins from there. But my advice is to get a NIStune still.

https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/product_info.php/cPath/109_110/products_id/1567